Relief to lakhs of pre-2006 retirees of the Armed Forces and Central Government
Pre-2006 retirees get pension relief
Finally, after many twists and turns, it has arrived! In a relief to lakhs of pre-2006 retirees of the armed forces and central government, their pension has been revised with effect from January 1, 2006, rather than from September 24, 2012.
The department of pension and pensioners’ welfare (DoPPW) issued the universal orders regarding this revision on Thursday. Anomalies in the fixation of the pension of the pre-2006 central government retirees had come to light after the implementation of the recommendations of the sixth Pay Commission. The issue was whether pension was to be calculated based on the minimum of pay for each rank/grade within the newly introduced bands or on the minimum of the pay-band itself.
The Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) and Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT) then corrected it and ruled that the pension would be calculated on the basis of the minimum of pay for each rank/grade within a particular band, which gives the retirees a higher pension.
Read more at : Hindustan Times
Related to Your Search:
- Pre 2006 Pensioners : Benefits of 6th CPC to pre 2006 Pensioners – reg.
- Expected Pension / Family Pension Table in 7th Pay Commission
- PRE-2006 PENSIONERS – FIXATION CASE
- Revision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Force Pensioners
- Welfare Schemes for Retired Armed Forces Personnel
- Cabinet approved the One Rank One Pension Scheme
- One Rank One Pension – Nipping 7th CPC Anomalies In The Bud
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – DPPW Orders on 30.7.2015
- Stepping up of notional full pension to Armed Forces absorbees – Revision of 43% and 45% commuted portion of pension of pre 2006