Release of terminal benefits to the family of employees, who died due to COVID-19 infection or other reasons: BSNL Order
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
(A Government of India Enterprise)
Bharat Sanchar Bhawan
H.C. Mathur Lane,
New Delhi- 01
Dated: 13 May, 2021
All Heads of Telecom Circles &
All Heads of Other Administrative Units,
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
Subject: Release of terminal benefits to the family of employees, who died due to COVID-19 infection or other reasons.
As you are aware, due to surge of COVID-19 pandemic in our country a number of employees of BSNL have become victim of this deadly pandemic and passed away untimely. In this hour of grief, it must be our endeavor to support the bereaved families in every possible way. Accordingly, it has been decided that the terminal benefits, viz. Gratuity, Leave Encashment, GSLSI, GPF/EPF, GTI (if the deceased employee was a member) etc., payable to the eligible family member(s) of deceased employees may be processed with utmost priority and all due payments are released within a period of 30 days. In respect of the deceased employees having pensionable service, the family pension cases may be processed immediately on receipt of requisite papers and the same may be submitted to respective CCA. Similarly, the superannuation benefit admissible to directly recruited employees may also be processed immediately. The above process may also be followed in cases of death of an employee due to other reasons.
2. In order to ensure that the terminal benefits are paid to the family of deceased employee in time, it has been decided that GM(HR) and IFA of the circle will function as nodal officers to supervise the progress of payment in each case and they will be responsible for timely payments of eligible dues. Further, the Welfare Officer of the Business Area/Unit may be deputed to apprise the families of their due payments and also arrange to get the requisite procedures/papers/forms completed by the eligible family member. The Heads of Circles/Administrative Units are also requested to personally monitor the progress of payments to the family of deceased employee. A progress report on the payments made in respect of deceased employees may also be sent to Corporate Office on weekly basis till such time the pandemic wanes.
This may please be treated as most urgent.
[Arvind Vadnerkar]Director (HR), BSNL Board
Related to Your Search:
- BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme Implementation 2019 and timely settlement of pension cases
- KVS Order provides immediate relief to the families of dead employees and expedites the resolution of their family pension petitions
- Instructions w.r.t. Operation & Maintenance and functioning of the Administrative Offices in view of the spread of COVID-19 pandemic in India
- BSNL ORDERS : Revised table for fixation of Pay as on 01.01.2007 for the purpose of 50% DA merger to BSNL employees
- BSNL Employees: All India LTC facility will remain frozen for all BSNL Employees till further orders.
- BSNL – Payment of final instalment of Ex-Gratia in respect of retirees of BSNL VRS 2019 instructions
- BSNL – Instructions regarding timely release / payment of Gratuity (DCRG) for avoiding payment of interest on delayed payment of Gratuity
- Clarification on Compassionate Ground Appointment BSNL
- Delay in pension revision allowing the benefit of merger of 50% DA/DR for BSNL Pensioners/Family Pensioners