Release of E-filing of Income Tax Returns (ITR) and other forms
In pursuance of the Notification of the Income Tax Returns (ITR) for AY 2016-17 on March 31st, 2016, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) announces the release of electronic filing of ITRs 1 and 4S on its website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. Other ITRs will be e-enabled shortly.
Online filing of Appeal before Commissioner (Appeal) using newly notified Form 35 has been enabled for taxpayers mandated to E-file their returns using Digital Signature Certificate. Electronic Verification Code (EVC) option will be available shortly for other category of taxpayers. Reference may be made to Notification 11/2016 dated March 1, 2016 for the various categories of taxpayers required to file appeal online.
In pursuance of Notification No 93/2016 dated 16th Dec 2015, effective from 1April 2016, the following forms have been substituted by new forms and are now available for E-filing:
- Form 15CA -payments to a non-resident not being a company, or to a foreign company,
- Form 15CB-Certificate of an accountant,
- Form 15CC -Quarterly statement
Vide Notification No 3/2016 dated 14th Jan 2016, CBDT had substituted with effect from 1 April 2016, Forms 9A (Application for exercise of option under clause (2) of the Explanation to sub-section
(1) of section 11 of the Income tax Act, 1961) and Form 10 (Statement to be furnished to the Assessing Officer/Prescribed Authority under sub-section (2) of section 11 of the Income tax Act, 1961). These forms can be filed online using Digital Signature Certificate on the Income Tax Department’s e-filing website. EVC option will be available shortly.
Related to Your Search:
- Income Tax: E-filing of newly notified ITRs to begin soon
- IT Returns early to avoid the last minute rush of filing – Income Tax Department urges
- Income Tax Offices to remain open on Saturday,5th August, 2017 for filing of income tax returns
- Extension of Due Date for filing of Income Tax Returns
- July 31 is the Last Date to File the Income Tax Returns
- New procedures/forms for filling Income Tax returns
- CBDT – Order under Section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961
- Extension of date for filing of Income Tax Returns for taxpayers in Kerala
- Income Tax Department Starts Two More Taxpayer Friendly Initiatives : ‘Register for Home Visit’ and ‘Online Tax Help’