Relaxation to travel by air to visit J&K, NER and A&N for further two years on LTC – Dopt Order
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi-110 001
Dated: 26th September, 2014
Subject:- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 — Relaxation to travel by air to visit NER and A&N.
The undersigned is directed to say that in relaxation to CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988, it has been decided by the Government to permit Government servants to travel by air to North East Region (NER) , Jammu and Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) as per the following scheme
(i) All eligible Government servants may avail LTC to visit any place in NER/ A&N against the conversion of one block of their Home Town LTC. Fresh Recruits are also eligible for this benefit against conversion of one of the three Home Towns in a block of four years applicable to them.
(ii) Government servants entitled to travel by air can avail this LTC from their Headquarters in Economy class.
(iii) Government servants not entitled to travel by air may be permitted to travel by air in Economy class in the following sectors:
a. Between Kolkata/ Guwahati and any place in NER
b. Between Kolkata/ Chennai/ Bhubaneswar and Port Blair.
c. Between Delhi / Amritsar and any place in J&K
Journey for these non-entitled employees from their Headquarters up to Kolkata/ Guwahati/ Chennai/ Bhubaneswar / Delhi / Amritsar will have to be undertaken as per their entitlement.
(iv) Air travel is to be performed by Air India in Economy Class only and at LTC-80 fare or less.
(v) Air travel by non-entitled officers on the sectors mentioned in item (iii) above may be permitted while availing LTC to any place in India (4 year Block) also.
(vi) Air Tickets to be purchased directly from the airlines (Booking counters, website of airlines) or by utilizing the service of Authorized Travel Agents viz. ‘M/s Balmer Lawrie & Company’, ‘M/s Ashok Travels & Tours’ and ‘IRCTC’ (to the extent IRCTC is authorized as per DoPT’s O.M. No. 31011/6/2002-Estt.(A) dated 02.12.2009) while undertaking LTC journey. Booking of tickets through other agencies is not permitted.
2. These orders shall be in operation for a period of two years from the date of issue of this O.M.
3. All the Ministries/ Departments are advised to bring it to the notice of all their employees that any misuse of LTC will be viewed seriously and the employees will be liable for appropriate action under the rules. In order to keep a check on any kind of misuse of LTC, Ministries/ Departments are advised to randomly get some of the air tickets submitted by the officials verified from the Airlines concerned with regard to the actual cost of air travel vis-a-vis the cost indicated on the air tickets submitted by the officials.
4. In their application to the staff serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Ph. (011) 23040341
Related to Your Search:
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules 1988 Relaxation to travel by air to visit NER, J and K and A and N
- DoPT: Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 – Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar – extension beyond 25.09.2018.
- LTC 80 for non entitled Government Servants: Clarification by DoPT in Rajya Sabha Q&A
- LTC Rules 1988 – Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession)Rules 1988- Relaxation to Travelby Air to visit NER,J&K and A&N
- Relaxation to travel by private airlines to visit Jammu & Kashmir – Extension orders issued by Dopt on 1.6.2016
- LTC – Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 -Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar
- CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988— Relaxation for travel by air to visit Jammu & Kashmir
- Leave travel concession (LTC) for railway employees & CCS (LTC) rules