Relaxation of Age in recruitment of Industrial Employees.
“As per Recruitment Rules (SRO) the age of the candidates should be between 18 to 32 years and as per OFB/MOD instructions age relaxation is granted for Ex-Trade Apprentices of Indian Ordnance Factories the period for which they had undergone training under the Apprentices Act, 1961″.
BHARATIYA PRATIRAKSHA MAZDOOR SANGH
(AN ALL INDIA FEDERATION OF DEFENCE WORKERS)
REF: BPMS / OFB / RR / IEs / 22 (7/2/L)
The DGOF & Chairman,
Ordnance Factory Board,
10 A, S K Bose Road,
Kolkata – 700001
Subject: Relaxation of Age in recruitment of Industrial Employees.
With due regards, it is submitted that applications from eligible citizens of India are being invited by Ordnance & Ordnance Equipment Factories for filling up the vacancies in Group ‘C’ Industrial Employees (IEs) in the Pay Band of Rs. 5200 – 20200, Grade Pay of Rs. 1800/- plus allowances as admissible to Central Government employees. As per Recruitment Rules (SRO) the age of the candidates should be between 18 to 32 years and as per OFB/MOD instructions age relaxation is granted for Ex-Trade Apprentices of Indian Ordnance Factories the period for which they had undergone training under the Apprentices Act, 1961.
Due to above relaxation, an Ex-Trade Apprentice of general category of Ord Fy gets 03 yrs age relaxation and he is eligible to apply for the Semi Skilled post upto the age of 35 (32 + 03) yrs, whereas a general candidate after passing National Trade Certificate (NTC) from any ITI undertakes his Apprenticeship of 01 year from any Ord Fys may get age relaxation of 01 year and he is eligible to apply for the same post upto the age of 33 (32+01) years only. This discrimination of age relaxation is causing discontentment amongst the Ex-Trade Apprentices of Ord Fys.
Therefore, you are requested to issue necessary instructions regarding age relaxation for recruitment of Semi-Skilled so that Ex-Trade Apprentices whether they have undergone entire apprenticeship of 03 yrs in Ord Fys or they have undergone apprenticeship of 01 year in Ord Fys after passing 02 yrs NTC from ITI may be equally benefitted and age relaxation may be granted for the period of training obtained from ITI plus apprenticeship in Ord Fys, i.e., eligible upto the age of 32 + 2+1= 35 yrs.
(M P SINGH)
Related to Your Search:
- Recruitment of Trade Apprentice in Ordnance Factories – BPMS writes to OFB
- Recruitment of Ex-Trade Apprentices in Ordnance Factories – BPMS
- INDWF writes to Chairman of OFB regarding implementation of restructuring to the employees of Industrial Cadre
- Skill India Initiative by Ministry of Railways – Training of Apprentices
- INDWF News – Trade Test in respect of Industrial Employees
- Recruitment of Tradesmen in Dumdum and Nalanda Ordnance Factories – Call letter to Trade Test
- Revised rates of stipend to Trade Apprentices in Ordnance Establishments
- Government notifies National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
- EMPLOYMENT NEWS : TRADE APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING IN ORDNANCE & ORDNANCE EQUIPMENT FACTORIES FOR THE YEAR 2012-13