Reimbursement of rent to Government servants during their temporary stay (upto a maximum period of six months) in State Bhavans/Guest Houses/ Departmental Guest Houses run by Central Government/State Governments /Autonomous Organizations etc.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 01 February 2019,
Subject: Reimbursement of rent to Government servants during their temporary stay (upto a maximum period of six months) in State Bhavans/Guest Houses/ Departmental Guest Houses run by Central Government/State Governments /Autonomous Organizations etc.
Several references are being received in this Department seeking clarification regarding applicability of instructions contained in this Departments O.M.No.2(25)/2004-E.II(B) dated 15.12.2011 to Central Government officials on their stay in State Bhavans/Guest Houses and also in cases where Central Government off and also stay in Departmental Guest Houses.
2. The matter has been considered in this Department. In supersession of the instructions contained in aforesaid O.M. dated 15.12.2011, it has been decided that tie official on their pasting to the Centre and the Central Government officials on their transfer/posting to a new station; necessitating change of residence if they temporarily stay in State Bhavans/ Guest Houses/Departmental Guest houses run by Central Government / State Government / Autonomous Organizations etc., may be reimbursed the amount of rent paid subject to fulfillment of the following conditions:
(a) The official has applied for accommodation of his entitlement, but has not been allotted residential accommodation by the Government.
(b) The concerned Guest House, should be located at the place of posting of the official.
(c) The official must have stayed in State Bhavans/Guest Houses/Departmental Guest Houses run by Central Government/State Government/Autonomous Organizations etc and submit rent receipts in support of payment of rent.
(d) Reimbursement of rent shall be admissible up to a maximum period of six months.
(e) No House Rent Allowance (HRA) shall be admissible during this period,
These orders shall be effective from the date of issue.
In so far as the persons serving in the India Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
Hindi version is attached.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- DoE: Reimbursement of rent to Central Government Servants
- Revision in the room rent of the ISTM Hostel
- Construction Of Holiday Homes
- Admissibility of HRA in case of residing in Govt Guest House / Transit Facility
- Reimbursement of Taxes/GST on the prescribed entitlement of Hotel accommodation/Guest House to Central Government employees
- Opening of Holiday Homes/ Guest Houses : EPFO
- Temporary stoppage of allotment of Visveswaryia Central Government Guest / House / Touring Offìcer’s Hostel at Bangalore – Directorate of Estates Orders 2013
- TA/DA entitlements of Non-officials of Committees/Boards/Panels etc
- KV School Fee Structure : No Proposal to Increase at present