Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance
It has been informed by the Department of Personnel and raining that the annual ceiling limit for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance (CEA) is Rs. 18,000/- per child. The Hostel subsidy shall be Rs. 4,500/- per month per child. The annual ceiling for reimbursement of CEA for disabled children of Government employees if Rs. 36,000/- per annum per child and the rates of Hostel subsidy for disabled children of Government employees is Rs. 9,000/- per child per month. These revisions are applicable with effect from 1st January, 2014. The reimbursement is admissible for children studying in institutions affiliated to any Board or recognized institution, whether in receipt of Government aid or not, recognized by the Central or State Government or Union Territory Administration or by University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the institution is situated. No change is proposed to be made in the same.
This information was given by the Union Minister of Finance, Shri Arun Jaitley in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Source : PIB
Related to Your Search:
- Annual ceiling for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for CG Employees
- Opening of reimbursement of Children education allowance CEA claim for Central Government employees for the academic year 2020-2021
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance / Hostel subsidy – Jammu and Kashmir Central Government Employees
- 7th CPC CEA: Total Claim for Academic Year 2017-18
- 25% Hike in Allowances – Dopt Orders on increase in certain allowances by further 25% Dearness Allowances w.e.f. 1.1.2014
- Children Education Allowance
- Grant of Children Education Allowance to mentally disabled to two children in case of first child beins totally mentally disabled
- Clarification in respect of grant of Children Education Allowance: 7th CPC
- Grant of Children Education Allowance to two children in case of first child being totally mentally disabled