Reduction of Defence – Tatkal – Female and Senior Citizens quotas in trains
Reduced Railway Quotas in Trains – Defence / Tatkal / Female and Senior Citizens quotas are not reduced in the total number of berths/seats earmarked…
While answering to a question in Lok Sabha on 14th August 2014, Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha said that there has been no reduction in total number of berths/seats earmarked on Indian Railways under Tatkal, Ladies and Senior Citizens quotas. However, based on poor utilisation, there has been marginal reduction in number of berths/seats earmarked under Defence Department Quota.
Train-wise, class-wise distribution of all types of reservation quotas except Defence Department Quota is done by the Zonal Railways on the basis of demand pattern and availability of accommodation. Reservation Quotas so earmarked including Defence Department, Tatkal, Ladies, Senior Citizens are reviewed on periodical basis and adjustments made, wherever required, based on utilisation. This is a continuous process.
There has been no reduction in the total number of berths/seats earmarked under Tatkal, Defence Department, Ladies and Senior Citizens quotas in trains originating from Delhi area and terminating/passing through Bangalore, Hubli and Kankanandi (Mangalore) as indicated below:
Type of Quota Number of berths/seats earmarked in the year
Quota 2013 2014
Tatkal 2438 3008
Defence Department 53 55
Ladies 78 92
Senior Citizen 307 398
Although, there is marginal reduction in the Defence Department quota on all India basis, there is no reduction in the accommodation earmarked under Tatkal, Defence Department, Ladies and Senior Citizens quotas in trains originating from Delhi area and terminating/passing through Bangalore, Hubli and Kankanandi (Mangalore). Since the reduction of Defence Department Quota was on account of poor utilisation, there is no proposal to restore this quota to the earlier level.
Related to Your Search:
- Tatkal Booking Timings Change – Online Booking Passengers Pleased
- NFIR – Earmarking of reservation quota for women
- Charging higher fares in Premium Tatkal tickets
- Enhancement of Combined Reservation Quota of lower berths for Senior Citizens and Female Passengers
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways
- Reservation Facilities Provided to Senior Citizen and Female Passengers Including Pregnant Women
- Train reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens: Railway Board Circular
- Validity of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Duronto Express trains.
- Provision of seats for TTEs/Conductors