Reduction in the residency period for promotion from Grade Pay Rs.1800/- (level-1) to Grade Pay Rs.1900/- (Level-2)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated January 8, 2019
The General Manager,
All Indian Railways/PUs,
Sub:- Reduction in the residency period for promotion from Grade Pay Rs.1800/- (level-1) to Grade Pay Rs.1900/- (Level-2)
In terms of Para 189 (ii) of IREM Vol. I, employees in Level-1, to be eligible for promotion to Level-2, should have put a minimum of 3 years of continuous service except in the case of promotion of Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribe.
The matter regarding reduction in the residency period for promotion from Level-1 to Level-2 in respect of all departments, has been under consideration of the Board, consequent to a demand to this effect having been raised by both the Federations i.e. AIRF and NFIR.
Keeping in view, the fact that younger and better qualified and talented employees are now available in Level-1 of all the departments, it has been decided that the residency period for promotion from Level-1 to Level-2 in all departments may be reduced from the existing 3 years where ever prescribed, to 2 years. However, in cases where higher incumbency is prescribed, the same shall continue.
SC/ST employees possessing requisite educational qualification can be considered for promotion to the posts of Skilled Artisan against the 25% qualified staff quota on completion of one year regular service.
Para 189 (ii) of IREM, Vol.I 2009, Reprint Edition is accordingly amended as per ACS No. 260 enclosed herewith.
The issue with concurrence of the Accounts Dte. Railway Board.
Related to Your Search:
- Reduction in the residency period for promotion from Helper (G.P Rs.1800, Level-1, Rs.18000-56900) to Technical-III (G.P.Rs.1900, Level-2, Rs.19900-63200)
- Relaxation of residency period for promotion of Jr. Accounts Asstt (GP 2800/-) as Accounts Asstt (GP 4200/-) on Indian Railways
- Promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against 33-1/3% quota – Minimum eligibility condition of service for selection
- Eligibility conditions for promotion from Group ’C’ to Group ’B’ posts in the Accounts Department – Railway Board
- NFIR: Clarification on residency period for promotion – Orders issued by Railway Board
- Promotion of Railway employees – consideration of ACRs
- QUALIFYING SERVICE FOR PROMOTION
- DoPT: Treatment of period of Leave towards minimum residency period for in-situ promotion under MFCS
- Increasing promotion quota percentage for Technician-III posts in Diesel/ Electric Loco/ EMU Sheds in Indian Railways