National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
The Secretary (E),
New Delhi Dear
Sub: Reduced payment of stipend to the Trainee Station Masters in Level-5 (PB1+GP 2800) on Zonal Railways -reg.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No.PC-V/2016/PS/1 (Stipend) dated 02/02/2017 (RBE No.08/2017).
Federation invites kind attention of Railway Board to the instructions vide RBE No.08/2017 dated 02/02/2017 wherein rates of stipend payable to various categories of Railway employees during their mandatory training period prior to joining the .working post have been circulated (pursuant to the implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC).
Complaints continued to be received by the NFIR from the Station Master category through our affiliated Unions that though the category of SM has been allotted GP 4200+PB-2/Level-6 at entry level, those SMs who have been undergoing induction training including those who completed training till now are being paid stipend at the rate of Rs.29200/- p.m. (vide S.N. 44 of Board’s orders dated 02/02/2017) while they are due to be paid stipend @Rs.35,400/- p.m. similar to the staff of other categories where recruitment is made in GP 4200+PB-2/Level-6. This is causing serious resentment and frustration among newly recruited SMs.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to consider the valid grievance of staff and issue modified instructions to the Zonal Railways to pay stipend to trainee SMs @ Rs.35,400/- as against Rs. 29,200/-, duly endorsing copy to the Federation.
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of stipend for Apprentice JEs selected through LDCE during their training period: Railway Board Order
- Eligibility for selection against 331A% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner/ Commercial Clerk in 6th CPC Grade Pay 2000/ Level-3
- Payment of arrears arising out of leave salary consequent to the implementation of the report of 7th CPC for the period from 01/01/2016 and onwards – denial of payment on Zonal Railways
- Revision of rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees on Railways
- Inter Railway mutual transfer of Railway Staff working in GP 1800/Level 1 (7th CPC)
- Seventh Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – Payment of National Holiday Allowance to non-gazetted Staff in Pay Level 9 and 10 on Indian Railways
- Absorption of Diploma Holder as JE-II Case of Diploma Holder progressmen working in RE Organization
- 7th Pay Commission Hospital Patient Care Allowance to Group ‘C’ &’D’ Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals
- Station Masters receive a financial upgradation under the MACP scheme