Central Government Jobs – Recruitment Rules 2020
Administrative Cadres Group A Recruitment Rules 2020 in India Meteorological Department, MoES
MINISTRY OF EARTH SCIENCES
New Delhi, the 17th August, 2020
G. S. R. 124.- In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the India Meteorological Department (Administrative Cadres Group’A’) Recruitment Rules, 2000 except as respects things done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to Group ‘A’ Administrative Office Grade-I posts in the office of the India Meteorological Department, Ministry of Earth Sciences, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement. – (1) These rules may be called the India Meteorological Department (Administrative Cadres Group ‘A’) Recruitment Rules.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and Level of pay in Pay matrix. – The number of posts, their classification and the level of pay in Pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in Column 2 to 4 of the said Schedule.
3. Method of recruitment, age limit and other qualifications etc. . – The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said posts, shall be as specified in Columns 5 to 13 of the Schedule aforesaid.
4. Disqualification. – No person . –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living, or
(b) who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to any of the said posts.
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party the marriage and there are other grounds for so doing, except any person from the operation of this rule:
5. Power to relax .- Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Savings .- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age limit and other concessions, required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes and other special categories of person in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of the post||Number of Post||Classification||Level in the Pay matrix|
* Subject to variation
dependent on workload
Group – ‘A’, Gazetted, Ministerial
|Level – 11 of the Pay|
|Whether Selection or Non -Selection post||Age limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in case of promotees|
|Selection||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods|
|2 years for promotees||By promotion|
|In case of recruitment by promotion/ deputation/ absorption grade from which promotion/ deputation/ absorption to be made|
Administrative Officer Grade-II in Level-8 (Rs. 47,600-151,100) of the Pay Matrix with six years regular service in the Grade or Level-9(Rs. 53,100-1,67,800) of the Pay Matrix with five years regular service in the Grade and have successfully completed training of at least two weeks in the field of administration, establishment and accounts.
Note1.-Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Note 2 .- For the purpose of computing minimum qualifying service for promotion, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1st January 2006 / the date from which the revised pay structure based on the sixth central pay commission recommendations has been extended, shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding pay/pay scale extended based on the recommendations of the pay commission.
|If Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted m making recruitments.|
|Group ‘A’ Departmental Promotion Committee for considering promotion :-|
1. Chairman / Member, Union Public Service Commission -Chairman
2. Director General of Meteorology -Member
3. Joint Secretary (Admin), Ministry of Earth Sciences – Member
4. Scientist ‘G’ or ‘F’ or ‘E’ or equivalent officer of the India Meteorological Department – Member Group ‘A’ Departmental conformation Committee:
1. Director General of Meteorology – Chairman
2. Joint Secretary (Admin), Ministry of Earth Sciences – Member
3. Scientist ‘G’ or ‘F’ or ‘E’ or equivalent officer of the India Meteorological Department – Member
|Consultation with Union|
Commission is necessary
Related to Your Search:
- Relaxation in the eligibility service – change in the crucial date 1st January – DoP
- QUALIFYING SERVICE FOR PROMOTION
- Staff Car Driver Special Grade Recruitment Regulations, 2020 – Employees State Insurance Corporation
- Indian Naval Material Management Service INMMS Group A Rules, 2020
- Relaxation in the eligibility service – change in the crucial date 1st January – DoPT Order
- Director General Armed Forces Medical Services Recruitment Rules 2021 Group A posts
- Framing of the Recruitment Rules for the post of Library and Information Officer (LIO) in the Level 11 in the pay matrix (Pre-revised PB-3 Rs.15600-39100 Grade Pay Rs.6600) in LBSNAA, Mussoorie
- DOPT ORDERS – Model RRs for the posts of Administrative Officer (Group A & B)
- Indian Air Force Fire Fighting Staff (Group ‘C’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020