Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 1st September, 2020
Subject : Inclusion of sports disciplines in the list of games for recruitment of meritorious sports persons to any post in Group ‘C’ in Ministries /Department of Government of India- regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that consolidated instructions to provide incentives for recruitment of meritorious sportsperson were issued vide Department of Personnel & Training Office Memorandum No. 14034/l/2013-Estt.(D) dated 3.10.2013. As per the O.M., forty three (43) sports disciplines have been identified for appointment of meritorious sportsperson to Group ‘C’ posts.
2. A proposal has been received from Department of Sports for inclusion of some more disciplines in the above list of Sport disciplines for recruitment of sportsperson to any Group ‘C’ post in Ministries/ Department of Government of India.
3. It has now been decided to accept the recommendation of Department of Sports. Accordingly, the list of Sports/ Games, as contained in para A IV of this Department’s O.M. No.14034/1/2013 -Estt.(D) dated 3.10.2013 for the purpose of recruitment of sportsperson in Government of India is hereby revised. A revised updated list of sixty three (63) sports disciplines/games covered by the scheme is Appended.
4. All other conditions relating to eligibility, appointment, seniority etc. laid down in the O.M. dated 3.10.2013, and other related OMs, as amended from time to time, shall remain unaltered.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
LIST OF GAMES/ SPORTS WHICH QUALIFY MERITORIOUS SPORTS PERSONS FOR CONSIDERATION FOR APPOINTMENT TO GROUP ‘C’ POST UNDER CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
|Sr.No||Sports / Games|
|8||Billiards & Snookers|
|31||Kayaking & Canoeing|
|32||Kho – Kho|
(for sports discipline included in para Olympics and Para Asian Games)
|64||Tennis Ball Cricket|
Related to Your Search:
- Inclusion of sports disciplines in the list of games for recruitment of meritorious sportspersons to any post in Group ‘C’ in Ministries / Department of Government of India
- Yogasana has been added to the games list of sports disciplines for the sports recruitment to any Group C post – DoPT Order
- Pension Scheme for Retired Sportspersons
- Filling of vacancies under Sports quota – Department of Posts
- Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons
- Meritorious sportsperson (Group B & C) recruited under sports quota posted under PCDA
- Criteria for providing jobs to State and National Level Sports Persons
- Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons – Scheme for disabled sportspersons
- Rate of Pension to Sports Persons under “Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sports persons”