Recruitment against Physically Handicapped Quota from open market – disability certificate regarding.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF INDIA
New Delhi, dated 10.04.2013
The General Manager (P),
All Zonal Railways/PUs,
Sub : Recruitment against Physically Handicapped Quota from open market – disability certificate regarding.
A number of references have been received from various sources regarding non-acceptance of the applications/candidatures of persons with disabilities for not producing certificate of disability in a particular format for appointment on the Railways.
2. The issue has been examined, pursuant to the order dated 18.10.12 of the Court of Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities in Case Nos.46, 52-55, 59/1121/12-13 and it has accordingly been decided that recruiting agencies should not insist on a particular format of disability certificate at the time of accepting the ‘application/considering the candidature of the applicant as the medical authority In different states are using different formats, Stipulation made vide Para 4 (I) of Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/2006/RC-2/13 dated 17.09.2007, accordingly, is reiterated which state that Disability Certificate issued by Medical Board constituted either by Central or State Government is acceptable.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Director Estt. (N)II
Related to Your Search:
- Railway: Recruitment of Persons with disabilities from open market; Instructions issued by Railway Board
- Recruitment of Persons with Disabilities in Indian Railway from Open market- Regarding publication of Employment Notices
- Competent Medical Officer for issuing certificate of disability for family pension
- THE DRAFT RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES BILL, 2012
- Guidelines on leave and voluntary retirement of Railway Employees – Persons with Disabilities
- Welfare Measures for Persons with Disabilities
- FAQ on reservations for disabled persons in Central Government posts / services
- Corrigendum on Recruitment of Persons with disabilities from open market
- Reservation in promotion for differently-abled people