Recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Implementation of decision relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, 16 August,2017.
Subject: Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – Implementation of decision relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance.
Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations made by the Seventh Central Pay Commission on the subject of
Children Education Allowance Scheme, the following instructions are being issued in supersession of this Department’s OM dated 28-4-2014 :
(a) The amount fixed for reimbursement of Children Education allowance will be Rs.2250/-pm.
(b) The amount fixed for reimbursement of Hostel Subsidy will be Rs. 6750/-pm.
(c) In case both the spouses are Government servants, only one of them can avail reimbursement under Children Education Allowance.
(d) The above limits would be automatically raised by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%. The allowance will be double for differently abled children.
2. Further, reimbursement will be done just once a year, after completion of the financial year. For reimbursement of CEA, a certificate from the head of institution, where the ward of government employee studies, will be sufficient for this purpose. The certificate should confirm that the child studied in the school during the previous academic year. For Hostel Subsidy, a similar certificate from the head of institution will suffice, with the additional requirement that the certificate should mention the amount of expenditure incurred by the government servant towards lodging and boarding in the residential complex. The amount of expenditure mentioned, or the ceiling as mentioned above, whichever is lower, shall be paid to the employee.
3. These orders shall be effective from 1st July, 2017.
4. Insofar as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and auditor General of India.
Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
1. All Ministries/Departments as per standard mailing list.
2. NIC with a request to upload the OM on the website of DoPT.
Related to Your Search:
- Opening of reimbursement of Children education allowance CEA claim for Central Government employees for the academic year 2020-2021
- 7th CPC CEA: Total Claim for Academic Year 2017-18
- Claiming Children education Allowance is made simple in 7th Pay Commission
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance / Hostel subsidy – Jammu and Kashmir Central Government Employees
- 7th Pay Commission Grant of Children Education Allowance
- CHILDREN EDUCATION ALLOWANCE IN 7TH CPC – SOME PERSPECTIVES
- 7th CPC : Implementation of decision relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance
- Clarification in respect of grant of Children Education Allowance: 7th CPC
- Clarification on Children Education Allowance – DOP