Rates of Income Tax as per Finance Act, 2015 – Financial Year 2015-16(AY 2016/17)
RATES OF INCOME-TAX AS PER FINANCE ACT, 2015: As per the Finance Act, 2015, income-tax is required to be deducted under Section 192 of the Act from income chargeable under the head “Salaries” for the financial year 2015-16 (i.e. Assessment Year 2016-17) at the following rates:
Rates of tax : A. Normal Rates of tax:
Rates of tax for every individual, resident in India, who is of the age of sixty years or more but less than eighty years at any time during the financial year:
In case of every individual being a resident in India, who is of the age of eighty years or more at any time during the financial year:
Education Cess on Income tax:
The amount of income-tax including the surcharge if any, shall be increased by Education Cess on Income Tax at the rate of two percent of the income-tax.
Secondary and Higher Education Cess on Income-tax:
An additional education cess is chargeable at the rate of one percent of income-tax including the surcharge if any, but not including the Education Cess on income tax.
No related posts.
Related to Your Search:
- RATES OF INCOME-TAX AS PER FINANCE ACT, 2013
- Rates of Income-Tax for the financial year 2017-18
- Income Tax Rates AY 2019-2020 – Income Tax Circular 2019
- INCOME-TAX DEDUCTION FROM SALARIES DURING THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2016-17 UNDER SECTION 192 OF THE INCOME-TAX ACT, 1961
- Income Tax Rates For Assessment Year 2015-16
- Income Tax Rates Assessment Year 2018-19, 2019-20
- Rates for deduction of income-tax at source from “Salaries”, computation of “advance tax” and charging of income-tax in special cases during the financial year 2015-2016.
- Income tax reduced by 5% for Income upto Rs. 5 lakh: Budget 2017
- Calculation of Income tax an Employee Below 60 Age A.Y.2018-19