All non-gazetted staff called for breakdown duties are eligible for payment of cash when supply of free food is not possible
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 27.10.2015
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways & Production Units etc.
Sub: Payment of cash in lieu of free food, in exceptional circumstances to the non-gazetted staff engaged in Breakdown duties.
Ref:- PNM/ NFIR Item No. 10/2015.
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen have raised the issue regarding payment of Diet Allowance to staff attending Breakdown duties. The issue was discussed in the PNM Meeting and it has been decided to reiterate the relevant provisions of para 1420 of IREC-II. All non-gazetted staff called for breakdown duties are eligible for supply of free food, departmentally or otherwise, during the period they are engaged in breakdown duties, however where it is not possible to make arrangements for supply of free food, in exceptional circumstances, cash in lieu thereof may be paid to the non-gazetted staff including Gangmen and Trolleymen engaged in breakdown duties, at the rates fixed by the General Manager in consultation with· FA&CAO.
2. Cash compensation in lieu of free food however shall not be admissible to gazetted staff who are called out in connection with .accidents/breakdown.
3. Kindly acknowledge receipt.
( Salim Md. Ahmed )
Download Railway Board Order RBE No.134/2015 No.E(P&A)II-2015/F.E.2/2 dated 27.10.2015
Related to Your Search:
- Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC
- Railway Board referred Running, Additional and Breakdown allowances to 7th Pay Commission for consideration…
- Clarifications regarding payment of Breakdown Allowance
- Salary and Travelling Allowance to retired Railway Staff re-engaged in Railways
- Payment of Uniform Allowance in lieu of uniform to Group C&D employees of CGHS
- Seventh Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – Payment of National Holiday Allowance to non-gazetted Staff in Pay Level 9 and 10 on Indian Railways
- 7th CPC – Revision of the rates of Breakdown Allowance
- Fixation of maximum ceiling limit for payment of Honorarium to Cashiers and other Cash & Pay staff: Railway Board Order
- LTC Cash Voucher Scheme -Reporting on the number of workers who choose the Special Cash Package