Railways – Retired Employees Liberalized Health Scheme RELHS-97
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI . 110055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (lTF)
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Retired Employees Liberalized Health Scheme (RELHS-97) – reg.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. 2011/H/28/1/RELHS/Court Case dated 31/05/2012.
Kind attention of Railway Board is invited to the instructions issued vide Board’s letter dated 31/05/2012 wherein the Railway Board had decided to allow pre-March 2009 retirees to be members of the RELHS-97 and also for post March 2009 onwards, the retirees shall be the Members of the Scheme. The Railway Board while allowing pre-March 2009 retirees the RELHS-97 Membership without any time limit, had imposed restriction of one year for March, 2009 onwards retirees to become Members of the Scheme.
Instances have been brought to the notice of the Federation by our affiliated Unions that on many Zonal Railways/PUs there are good number of retired Railway employees or their dependent family members belonging to the period post March 2009 and upto 3110512012 who could not avail the opportunity during the one year period, are now requesting to joining the Scheme. These retired employees or their dependent families have been living in rural areas and were unaware of the provision for joining RELHS-97 at that point of time. Some of our affiliated Unions took up the issue aI Zonal level in the PNM forum where the same has been pending for more than two years due to the reason that decision on this subject is required to be given by the Railway Board. Federation feels that the Railway Board would appreciate the circumstances under which the retired employees could not join the Scheme when opportunity was provided.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to kindly consider the above points and issue modified instructions to enable the retired employees/ widows who retired during the period March, 2009 upto 31/05/2012 to join as members of RELHS-97 without any time limit. A copy of the instructions issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Copy to the Director General (RHS), Railway Board, DFCC Building, Tilak Bridge, Pragati Maidan, Metro Bhavan, New Delhi for information and necessary action please.
Copy to the General Secretary, NCRES, Allahabad with reference to letter No. 104A/NCRES/19 dated 07/04/2019.
Copy to the General Secretaries of affiliated Unions of NFIR (expect NCRES).
Media Centre / NFIR.
Source : NFIR
Related to Your Search:
- Retired Employee’s Liberalized Health Scheme (RELHS)
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Admissibility of House Rent Allowance in the event of non-acceptance or surrender of railway residential accommodation
- Service Certificate issued to the retiring Railway Employees – modification of proforma requested
- Non-Grant of Revised Pension (7th CPC) to Pre-2016 Retirees
- Grant of Financial upgradation under MACP Scheme to Employees.
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale
- Applicability of Old Pension Scheme to substitutes who attained temporary status prior to 01/01 12004 and regularised after 01/01/2004 – clarification
- Revision of flat rate of license fee (Standard Rent) for residential accommodation in Railways w.e.f. 01/07/2010, 01/07/2013, and 01/07/2016