Railways agrees to union’s demands
The Indian Railway has agreed to several demands of the National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR) including the scrapping of the new pension scheme among others.
The NFIR along with the Chairman – Railway Board and Member Staff held a meeting on Friday and presented their charter of Demands. The railways had taken a strike ballot on January 17 and 18 where 97.03% employees voted in favour of general strike. The meeting was attended by NFIR general secretary M Raghavaiah, NFIR president Gumansingh and NFIR working president R P Bhatnagar. NFIR vice-president J G Mahurkar said that NFIR had opposed the decision of new pension scheme imposed from January 1, 2014. A special communication was being sent to ministry of finance with the approval of railway minister recommending scrapping of the new pension scheme.
Also, it was decided that the railway board will go in for up-gradation of track maintainers. The board has also agreed granting appointment to wards of a railwaymen under the LARSGESS Scheme by relaxing norms.
Mahurkar said that the railway board has also agreed to grant appointment under the LARSGESS Scheme to employees. Also, it decided for up-gradation of 3,335 apex level group ‘C’ post to group ‘B’ gazetted. The railway board has agreed to consider absorption of quasi administrative staff and to find the solution. The railway board has agreed to discuss the anomalies of modified assured career progression, said Mahurkar.
Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com
Related to Your Search:
- Discussions of GS/NFIR held with Railway Board on 31/01/2018
- Grievances of Railway Staff on MACP anomalies – Railway Board meeting with AIRF & NFIR
- Compassionate ground appointment to the kith & kin of Railway employees and died in harness as bachelor – need to issue instructions
- MACPS on Promotional Hierarchy – NFIR
- Outcome of MACP anomalies meeting held between the Railway Board and the Federations on 12th October 2015
- Implementation of LARSGESS – Coverage of scheme to Track Maintainers working in GP Rs 1900/- Letter to the Secretary(E) RB/NDLS
- NFIR PNM pending items – quick redressal of issues
- Exemption of Railway employees from New Pension Scheme/National Pension System (NPS) – NFIR writes to Railway Board on 24th October 2015
- NFIR letter to Railway Board Regarding LARSGESS