Sports Quota Railway Recruitment 2021 | Indian railways latest news today
Government Of India
Ministry Of Railways
No. 2021/E(Sports)/4(1)/01 – Part(01)
New Delhi, dated 01.07.2021
The General Managers (P),
All Zonal Railways including
CLW, DLW, ICF, RCF, RWF, MCF, Metro Railway/Kolkata,
The CAO (R), DMW/Patiala,
The DG, RDSO and NAIR.
Sub: Extension of the last date for completion of recruitment against Sports Quota for the year 2020-21.
Ref.: (i) Railway Board’s letter no. 2010/(Sports)/ 4(1)/1(Policy), dated 31.12.2010.
(ii) This office’s letter no. 2021/E(Sports)/4(1)/01, dated 31.03.2021.
The recruitment under the sports quota for the year 2020-21 was to be completed by 31st March 2021. But due to the outbreak of the Covid Pandemic, the last date for completion of the Sports Quota recruitment for the year 2020-21 was extended till 30.06.2021 with approval of Board (CRB & CEO) vide Board’s letter dated 31.03.2021 mentioned under reference (ii). Requests have been received from various Railways to extend the last date of completion of the recruitment process for the year 2020-21 beyond 30.06.2021 due to the current situation of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The matter has been considered by Board (CRB & CEO). Considering the present situation of slow unlocking process all over the country and expecting the opening of sports stadiums in the coming weeks, it has been decided to extend the last date for completion of sports recruitment for the year 2020-21 by further three months ie. till 30.09.2021 including release of berths under control of Railway Board with the condition that the age, educational qualifications, sports eligibility and exemption from trials norms will remain the same as if the recruitment was being done on 31.03.2021.
- Necessary action may be taken by All Railways accordingly.
(Bhaskar Roy Choudhury)
Dy. Director, Estt.(Sports)
Related to Your Search:
- Relaxation of sports Achievements – Recruitment of sports quota for 2020-2021 in the Talent Scouting Category
- Recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota
- Recruitment of sportspersons on Zonal Railways/ Production Units against Sports Quota
- Recruitment against Sports Quota on the basis of medal winning position in All India Inter University Championships only through Open Advertisement Quota.
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy : RBE No. 98/2016
- Transfer of sports persons recruited against sports quota from one Railway/ Unit/ Division to another Railway/ Unit/ Division: Railway Board Order RBE No. 58/2014
- Cancellation of Period Transfer of Railway Employees
- Selection of Railway Sportspersons for Diploma Course in Sports Coaching for the Academic Session – 2021
- Probation Period for persons recruited against Sports Quota: Railway Board Order RBE No.95/2016