78 Railway Players & Coaches Selected to be a Part of the Indian Contingent to Participate in the Forthcoming Asian Games, South Korea
A good numbers of Railway sports persons have found place in the Indian contingent participating in the forth coming Asian Games to be held at Incheon City of South Korea from 19th September to 4th October 2014.
A total number of 78 railway players and coaches have been selected to represent India in Athletics, Cycling hockey, Volleyball, Swimming, Handball, Basketball, Rifle Shooting, Weightlifting, Gymnastics, Wrestling and Archery.
Earlier this year, the railway players as a part of the Indian contingent, at the Commonwealth Games-2014 held at Glasgow in Scotland, from 21st July to 3rd August 2014 bought laurels to the country by bagging many medals. Out of total 64 Medals won by India, Railway players bagged 9 Medals.
The performance of Railway weightlifters and wrestlers in particular has been remarkable. They have contributed two Gold, four Silver and three Bronze Medals.
In addition, four railway sprotspersons received the Arjuna Award-2014 from Hon’ble President of India at a special function at Rashtrapati Bhavan, last month.
Related to Your Search:
- 35 Sportspersons from Indian Railways to participate in Rio Olympics
- Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons
- Promotion of sports among disabled persons
- 7th Pay Commission Recommended Sports Related Allowance
- Cash incentive to sportspersons
- Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons – Scheme for disabled sportspersons
- Incentives to Sports persons
- Criteria for providing jobs to State and National Level Sports Persons
- ESIC recruits 135 sports persons from different field of sports