Railway Reservation System to be Revamped: Supports 7200 tickets per minute & 1,20,000 users at any point in time
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
08-July-2014 13:29 IST
Railway Reservation System to be Revamped
The Minister of Railways Shri D. V. Sadananda Gowda has said that Railway Reservation System will be revamped into Next Generation e-Ticketing System. Ticket booking through mobile phones and through Post Offices will be popularized.
Presenting the Railway Budget 2014-15 in Parliament today he said, the Indian Railways will improve the system capabilities in e-ticketing to support 7200 tickets per minute as against 2000 tickets per minute and allow 1,20,000 simultaneous users at any point in time.
The Minister said, facility of Coin Operated Automatic Ticket Vending Machines will be experimented.
He said, efforts will also be made to provide facility of buying Platform Tickets and unreserved tickets over internet. Parking-cum-Platform Combo Tickets will be launched to facilitate the passengers and to save their time.
He said that online booking facility of Railway Retiring Room will be extended to all the stations during the course of the year. Presenting the Railway Budget 2014-15 in Parliament today he said, the Indian Railways is expanding the scope of online booking for people to book a Train, book a Coach, book a Berth and book a Seat in Chair Car.
Related to Your Search:
- New Generation E-Ticketing Capabale of Booking 7200 Tickets Per Minutes
- Defence Personnel will have better facility for collection of Train I-Tickets Booked on Defence Travel System
- IRCTC to launch new App for faster booking of tickets
- Procedure for OTP based Refund against cancelled or Waitlist (WL) ticket in IRCTC Train Ticket Booking
- Indian Railways to launch App tomorrow for paperless ticketing in unreserved category
- IRCTC plans to reduce the payment transaction time about 1.5 to 2.5 minutes per ticket booking online
- Indian Railways takes various initiatives to facilitate travel in this summer
- Ministry of Railways Undertakes an Exercise of Rationalisation of Computerised Passenger Reservation System
- Maximum of 6 tickets can be booked by an individual user in a month – New restriction by IRCTC