Railway Examination promotion
RBE No. 20/2022
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dt: 18/02/2022
The General Managers (P),
All Indian Railways and Production Units.
(Kind attn.: PCPOs /Dy.CPO(G))
Sub: Introduction of 100% Objective type Multiple Choice Questions in the written examinations held as part of Selections and Pre-qualifying examination (PE) in LDCEs for promotion from Group ‘C’ to Group ‘B’ posts.
Ref.: Railway Board’s letters nos. E(GP)2018/2/31 dt.19.3.2019, 28.11.2019, 20.07.2020 and 13.12.2021.
Please refer to instructions contained in Board’s letter of even number dated 19.03.2019 on the aforementioned subject. It has now been decided to modify Para 2.3 of the said letter as under:
2.3 Qualifying Marks:
The candidates scoring 75% marks and above in the Pre-qualifying examination shall be eligible for appearing in the main examination and for this, number of candidates should be restricted to 5 times the number of respective vacancies in order of merit. However, in case two or more candidates score equal marks and vie for the last spot, they may be allowed to appear in the main examination irrespective of the fact that it goes beyond the limit of 5 times the number of respective vacancies prescribed for appearing in the main examination.
2. These instructions will take effect from the date of issue of this letter.
Dy. Director, Estt.(GP)III
Related to Your Search:
- Direct recruitment from open market in Level-1 (7th CPC pay matrix)
- Procedure for Direct Recruitment in Level-1 (7th CPC pay matrix)
- Selection Procedure for Promotion to Selection Posts from Erstwhile Group D to C: Railway Board Clarification
- Filling up of vacancies of Sr.SO(A/cs) Sr.ISA and Sr.TIA Grade Rs.9300-34800/ Grade Pay Rs.4800/-through direct recruitment.
- Railway Recruitment Board: Common Examination for the ALP & Technician
- Extended Panels formed for Selections and LDCEs held for promotion to Group ‘B’ posts vacancy
- Promotions to Group ‘B’ posts on Indian Railways CBT Examination in all departments having Organised Services
- Promotions to Group ‘B’ posts on Indian Railways
- Eligibility conditions for promotion from Group ’C’ to Group ’B’ posts in the Accounts Department – Railway Board