Railway budget 2015: Introduction of SMS Alert in advance the updated arrival/departure time of trains
‘SMS Alert’ Service for Arrival/Departure Time of Trains
The Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu has said that it is proposed to introduce an “SMS Alert” service to inform passengers in advance the updated arrival/departure time of trains at starting or destination stations. Similarly SMS alert would be sent 15/30 minutes in advance of arrival of the train at the destination.
Presenting the Railway Budget 2015-16 in Parliament today Shri Prabhu said, a centrally managed Railway Display Network is expected to be introduced in over 2,000 stations over the next two years which will aid in providing information on train arrival/departure, reservations, general and emergency messages and also any other information of interest to citizens. This facility will promote “Digital India Campaign” and also unlock huge advertising revenue potential.
Related to Your Search:
- Indian Railways Unique Enquiry Number 139
- Indian Railways Dedicates two More New Trains in the Service of the Nation
- Ministry of Railways instructs Zonal Railways to link the arrival & departure of trains with Data Loggers
- Advance Reservation Period for Booking Reserved Train Tickets increased from 60 days to 120 days from 1st april 2015
- Cancellation of trains – Information through SMS to passengers
- Indian Railways partially restored w.e.f. from 12th May 2020 in a graded manner
- Railway Budget 2014-15 : Rail Budget Seeks Course Correction, Avoids Populism
- 200 more railway stations to have Wi-Fi in 2017
- Highlights of Railway Budget 2015