Railway Board clarification order on granting of one increment in pre-revised pay scale to Railway employees
Those who were due to get their annual increment between February, 2006 to June, 2006 may be granted one increment as on 01/01/2006 in the pre-revised pay scale as a one time measure, and, thereafter, will get the next increment in the revised pay structure on 01/7/2006.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
RBE No. 63/2013
New Delhi, dated 03.07.2013
All Indian Railways & Production Units
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Grant of one increment in pre-revised pay scale – Board’s letter dated 23/03/2012 – clarification regarding.
Board’s letter of even number dated 23.03.2012 provides that, those Railway employees who were due to get their annual increment between February, 2006 to June, 2006 may be granted one increment as on 01/01/2006 in the pre-revised pay scale as a one time measure and, thereafter, will get the next increment in the revised pay structure on 01/7/2006.
2. As per Board’s letter No.PC-VI/2008/I/RSRP/1 dated 11/9/2008 fitment tables have been prescribed in Annexure-E thereto, specifying the stage of revised pay in the revised pay band with reference to each stage of pre-revised pay in various pre-revised pay scales. As per the fitment tables, the stage of revised pay in the pay band has been mentioned at the same stage in respect of two consecutive pre-revised stages of pay in cases of certain pre revised pay scales.
3. References have been received seeking clarification as to whether in cases where the fitment table provides for the same revised stage in case of two consecutive pre-revised stages in a particular pre-revised scale of pay, the benefit of bunching is admissible after grant of one increment in the pre revised pay scale by virtue of Board’s letter dated 23/03/2012.
4. The matter has been considered and it is clarified that Fitment Table contained in the aforesaid letter dated 11/9/2008 is to be strictly followed for fixation of pay in the revised structure without any deviation.
5. In cases where the stages of fixation of pay in the revised pay band as per fitment table contained in the aforesaid letter dated 11/9/2008 provides for the same revised stage in the Pay Band with reference to two consecutive stages of pre-revised pay in the corresponding pre-revised scales, then in such cases due to application of Board’s letter dated 23/3/2012, there will be no change in the revised pay as on 01/01/2006, if the revised stage with reference to the pre-revised pay after accounting for one increment in the pre revised scale does not undergo any change as per the Fitment Table. It is also clarified that no further bunching will be allowed in such cases and no re-fixation of pay will be admissible in the revised pay as on 01/01/2006.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Director, Pay Commission II
New Delhi, dated 03.07.2013
Related to Your Search:
- Clarification in pre-revised pay structure on the grant of one increment – Finance Ministry
- CGDA : Benefit of Bunching Increment to Master Craftsman
- Adoption of revision of pay of employees stagnating at the maximum of the Pay Band/Scale in pre revised structure under 7th CPC pay structure
- Clarification regarding bunching of stages in the revised pay structure under RS(RP) Rules, 2016
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Anomalies – Pay of officials drawing different Grade Pay (Higher and lower) are fixed at the same stage in revised pay
- Fixation of employees in 1S scale of 4440-7440 in GP 1300 (6th CPC) and without GP
- 7th pay commission Bunching of Pay – Point of doubts and Clarification – Finmin Ordrs issued on 7.2.2019
- Recommendations of the 7th CPC – bunching of stages in the revised pay structure under Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
- Pension revision w.e.f. 01/01/2007 of pre-2006 retired pensioners of Rs. 6500 – 10500 on the 5th CPC scale