Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Rules for filing IPRs
18 JUL 2019
In terms of Rule 18 of the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964, Immovable Property Returns (IPRs) are required to be submitted by all Government servants on their first appointment to any service or post and subsequently to be submitted annually. Similar provisions are also available in All India Services (Conduct) Rules, 1968.
Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) being the cadre controlling authority for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Central Secretariat Service (CSS) and Central Secretariat Stenographers Service (CSSS) maintains the data in respect of officers belonging to these services. As per information in respect of these officers, IPRs for the year 2018, have not been filed by 52 IAS officers of the level of Joint Secretary & above, 163 CSS officers of the level of Under Secretary & above and 51 CSSS officers of the level of Principal Private Secretary & above.
DoPT, vide O.M. No. 104/33/2005-AVD-I dated 7.09.2011 and O.M. No. 11012/11/2007-Estt.(A) dated 27.09.2011, has prescribed that vigilance clearance shall be denied to the officers of All India Services and Central Civil Services/ Posts for certain purposes if they fail to submit their annual Immovable Property Returns of the previous year latest by 31st January of the following year.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- CSSS – Submission of Immovable Property Return (IPR) for the year 2017
- DoPT 2020 – Submission of Immovable Property Return (IPR) for the year 2019 (as on 31.12.2019) by the Officers of CSSS & CSCS
- Submission of Immovable Property Return for the year 2021 in respect of CSSS and CSSCS officers – DoPT 2021
- All the CSS/CSSS Officers to file the Immovable Property Return (IPR) for the year 2017 (as on 31.12.2017)
- Immovable Property Return for the year 2012 (as on 31.12.2012) Submission by US and above levels of the Central Secretariat Service Officers – regarding
- Latest DoPT Order 2019 – Submission of Immovable Property Return IPR for the year 2019 by the Officers of Central Secretariat Services
- DoPT: Submission of Immovable Property Return (IPR) for the year 2018 (as on 31.12.2018) by the Officers of Central Secretariat Services (CSS)
- CCS (Conduct) Rules – Filing of annual Immovable Property Returns – Dopt Orders 2015
- Submission of Immovable Property Return (IPR) for the year 2020 (as on 31.12.2020) by the Officers of Central Secretariat Services (CSS) – DoPT