Acceptance of certificates/qualifications awarded by various Boards of School Education in India for the purpose of employment on the railways.
Clarification has been received from nodal Ministry/Department of Government of India, viz, Department of Personnel & Training (DOP&T) and M/o Human Resource Development (MHRD) stating that COBSE (Council of Board of School Education in India), an Association of National & State School Boards, is responsible for verifying genuineness/ recognition of School Education Boards in India. It grants membership to Boards/Institutes that are set up by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or an executive order of the Central/State Governments and follow National Curriculum Framework.
The certificates issued by its member Boards are equivalent to any other board across the country. Accordingly, the matter has been examined and it has been decided by the Board that zonal railways need not approach this Ministry seeking such clarification regarding acceptance or otherwise of certificates/qualification obtained from various Boards of School Education in India and instead, refer to official website of COBSE i.e. www.cobse.org which contain list of Boards of School Education which are Member Boards of COBSE.
Thus certificates/ qualification obtained from all such institutions borne on the aforesaid list will be acceptable for the purpose of employment on the railways, from the date on which the said institution has been accorded membership by COBSE, if they were not recognized earlier by any competent authority. This date of acceptability of certificate may be obtained by approaching COBSE directly and a copy of clarification thus obtained may also be endorsed to this Ministry for information & record.
Source Document : Railway Board Ordrs No.E(NG)-II/2007/RR-l/38 dated 15th July 2014
Related to Your Search:
- Acceptance of certificates/ qualifications awarded by various Boards of School Education in India for the purpose of employment on the railways
- Recognition of certificates/qualifications awarded by Rajasthan State Open School, Jaipur and Andhra Pradesh Open Schooling Society for the purpose of employment in Central Government Offices
- Clarification about Educational Qualification of Ex-Servicemen Candidates
- Compulsory Yoga/Games in high school level
- Railway Board Orders – Clarification regarding acceptance of qualification of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering obtained from Kuban State University of Technology Krasnodar.
- Eligibility criteria of a school for Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance – Clarification issued by CGDA
- E-Receipts as a proof of payment of fee may be treated as original for Children Education Allowance
- Minimum qualifications for recruitment / promotion of teachers for classes I to VIII in Railway Schools – Railway Board Orders
- Acceptance of Diploma/Degree in Engineering prescribed for open market recruitment to posts on the railways