Public Sector Bank Employees Defer Strike After High Court Order
New Delhi: A section of public sector bank employees today deferred its proposed two-day nationwide strike from tomorrow following a retrain order from the Delhi High Court.
“In view of Delhi High Court restrain order our strike on July 12 and 13 stands deferred,” All India Bank Employees’ Association General Secretary C H Venkatachalam said.
Earlier, the employee union had announced to go on strike to protest against the proposed merger of SBI associates and privatisation of IDBI Bank.
All India Bank Officers’ Association and State Sector Bank Employees’ Association had also announced their support to the strike.
In the event of the strike, normal banking operations could have been affected on July 12 and 13.
The high court in its order on a plea of State Bank of Patiala and four other subsidiary banks of SBI restrained State Sector Bank Employees Association (SSBEA) and All India Bank Employees’ Association (AIBEA) from proceeding ahead with the two-day strike till the next date of hearing.
The HC listed the matter for further hearing on July 20.
The five associate lenders of SBI are State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Hyderabad.
Related to Your Search:
- Nationwide Bank Strike for 2 days starting tomorrow
- 3,40,000 Bank Employees Go on a Strike on January 8
- All India Bank Employees Association (AIBEA) Calls for Strike on May 20
- Bank employees to observe one-day strike on July 29
- Bank Employees Announce Strike on 24.6.2015
- Two day strike Banking ops partially affected due to trade union strike
- Bank Employees to get 15% increase in wages – Strike from 25th Feb called off – 10th Bipartite Wage Settlement
- PROPOSED INDEFINITE STRIKE POSTAL EMPLOYEES FROM 06th MAY, 2015 STANDS DEFERRED
- IBA Circular on deferment of bank strike proposed on 7th Jan 2015