Railway Services Pension Rules 1993
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, Dated : 28.07.2020
The GMs/ Principal Financial Advisers,
All Zonal Railways /Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Provisional release of retirement benefits as per Rule 91 of Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993 – regarding.
A copy of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW’s) O.M. No . 12/9/2020-P&PW(C)-6450 dated 17th July , 2020 along with proforma for sanction of provisional pension and provisional gratuity is enclosed herewith for compliance and guidance . These instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on the Railways also . Rule 64 and Rule 72(5) of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 correspond to Rule 91 and Rule 16(5) of the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993 respectively . Also , Form 5 and Form 3 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972, referred to in the aforesaid O .M . dated 17th July, 2020 , correspond to Form 8 and Form 6 of the Railway Services (Pension) Rules , 1993, respectively.
Para 3(f) of the proforma for sanction of provisional pension and provisional gratuity will also include the provision of Rule 16(8) of the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993 in cases of railway servant who have been allotted railway quarters and are in occupation of that at the time of retirement.
(G . Priya Sudarsan i)
Director, Finance (Estt.),
D.A. : as above
Related to Your Search:
- Relaxation of Rule 96 of Railway Services Pension Rules, 1993 for payment of provisional Family Pension on death of a Government Servant during service
- Dispensing with the requirement of BSR code of Bank from the pension claim forms – Railways
- Benefit of gratuity in respect of Railway employees covered under NPS
- Regulation of pension and other retirement benefits of Railway servants who were on Extraordinary leave / unauthorized absence / suspension as on 01.01.2016 and retired / died thereafter without joining duty
- Revision of provisional pension sanctioned under Rule 69 of the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972
- Revision of Provisional pension sanctioned under Rule 69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972
- NPS to Railway Services Pension Rules 1993 Whose appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but who joined the Railway Service on or after 01.01.2004
- Revision of Additional Relief on death/disability of Government servants covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS) in pursuance of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th CPC
- Retirement benefits as per Rule 64 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 during Covid Pandemic time