Provision of E-Catering Facilities in Railways
In order to widen the range of food options available to passengers, E-catering services have been introduced, through Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) in trains without pantry car or Train Side Vending as well as on 45 designated stations from where passengers of originating/passing trains can avail of this facility. The details of stations selected for this purpose are as follows:- Howrah, Sealdah, Guwahati, New Jalpaiguri, Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Visakhapatnam, Mughalsarai Junction (Jn.), Kanpur Central, Lucknow Jn., Varanasi, Jaipur, Bilaspur, Kharagpur, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Anand Vihar Terminal, Hazarat Nizamuddin, New Delhi, Delhi, Amritsar, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Secunderabad, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore, Ernakulam Jn., Kozhikkode, Madurai Jn., Thrisur, Tiruvananthapuram Central, Bangalore City, Yasvantpur, Nagpur, Pune, Agra Cantt., Gwalior, Jhansi, Bhopal, Ahmedabad Mumbai Central, Surat & Vadodara. IRCTC has tied up with renowned, reputed and established brands in the field of catering services so that the passengers can order good quality and hygienic food of their choice. Further, Janta Khana is also being made available through E-catering services.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Handing over of the Railway Catering System to IRCTC
- Railways to provide fresh food cooked after every two hours
- Western Railway INTRODUCES CATERING COMPLAINT NO.9004441955
- 5% Uniform rate of GST to apply in all railway catering services in trains or on stations
- New Catering Policy 2017 in Railways: IRCTC
- Railways Launches Toll Free Helpline Number for Catering Related Complaints
- Improvement in Railways’ Catering Services
- Applicability of Goods and Service Tax (GST) on Catering Services
- Indian Railways starts collecting feedback about basic amenities through phones using IVRS based system