CPAO Order : Providing breakup of pension and arrear payments & recoveries to pensioners
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&Tech/Bank Performance/2016-17/ 220
CPAO / IT & Tech / SCOVA / 20 / Part File / 2016-17/220
Subject: Providing breakup of pension and arrear payments & recoveries to pensioners.
Attention is invited to para 4.6.7 of the Accounting and Operating Procedure for Central Pension Processing Centre of Authorised Banks for Pension Disbursement to Central Government (Civil) Pensioners (February, 2012) whereby it has been provided that “The CPPC software will display on the computer screen, options and view of the details of calculation of pension and its breakup of the pension paid to the pensioner/ family pensioner. The Home Branch will act as intermediary with the CPPC and, besides providing accounts statement, provide to the pensioners the payment of TDS details, pension slip, the Due and Drawn Statement in respect of each arrear and the Annual Income Statement”.
2. Taking into consideration the grievances reported by Pensioners’ Associations and Pensioners, CPAO had issued instructions to Heads of CPPCs and Government Business Divisions vide OM No. CPAO/Tech/Banks Performance/2015-16/60 dated-14.06.2016 for strict compliance of above guidelines for providing detailed breakup of pension payments.
3. It has again been reported by Pensioners Associations and Pensioners that “arrears of arrear of Revision of Pension, Fixed Medical Allowance, Additional Pension, Life Time Arrear etc. are clubbed with monthly payment of pension for which it becomes difficult for pensioner/family pensioner to understand if pension and arrears are disbursed correctly. Even recovery of overpayment or wrong payment is not shown separately”.
4. Therefore, banks are instructed to follow the provisions of CPPC guidelines and instructions issued vide OM dated-14.06.2016 and provide full breakup of pension payment dearly to the pensioners. A compliance report in this regard may be sent to CPAO latest by 31.01.2017 positively.
Controller of Accounts
Related to Your Search:
- CPAO Order: Intimation of recovery of excess/over payment made to pensioners
- Non-issue of Pension slip by banks – CPAO OM May, 2018
- CPAO reminder on payment of arrears of pension to pre‐ 2006 pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2006
- Non-acceptance of Nomination Form for Life Time Arrear (LTA)
- Timely Revision of Pension as per 7th CPC
- Provide monthly pension slips alongwith break up to pensioners/ family pensioners.: CPAO’s instructions to Bank
- CPAO: Not required to visit the bank to activate their first payment of pension
- Modification in Life Certificate of Pensioners – Acknowledgement to be issued
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate