Promotion of Under Secretaries of CSS to DS Grade on ad-hoc basis
Government of India
Ministryof Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
Lok Nayak Bhavan,New Delhi
the 08th June,2015
The President hereby appoints the officers of Grade-I (Under Secretary) of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS), whose names appear in para 2 below,to the Selection Grade (Deputy Secretary) in PB-3 (Rs.15600 – 39100) with a grade pay of Rs.7600/-by promotion on ad-hoc basis with immediate effect,initially for a period upto 30.06.2015 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
2. On promotion on ad-hoc basis,the officers are allocated to the Ministries/Departments as shown against their names:
3. The aforesaid ad-hoc promotion of the officers is Subject to the following conditions:-
(i) The ad-hoc promotion is subject to the final outcome of the pending Writ Petition No. 4097/2011 (Arun Gaur Vs Garima Singh & Ors), W.P. No.4616/2011 (V.S.Pandey & OrsVs. Garima Singh & Ors), W.P. No. 7619/2011 ( UPSC Vs Garima Singh & Ors), W.P.No.2176/2012 (Union of India Vs. Garima Singh & Ors) and other connected Writ Petitions Nos.W.P.(C) 2523/2012 (Union of India Vs. Anant Kishore Saran), W.P.(C) 2524/2012 (Union of India Vs. Shersha and Anr), W.P.(C) 2525/2012 (Union of India Vs. Syed Eram Rizvi and Anr), W.P.(C) 2526/2012 (Union of India Vs. Sandeep Kumar Gupta), and W.P.(C) 2527/2012 (Union of India Vs. Soumya Chattopadhyay and Anr) in the High Court of Delhi and also any other order by any competent court in any of the connected matters, apart from the above.
(ii) The ad-hoc promotion is further subject to vigilance clearance in terms of this Department’s O.M. No.22011/4/91-Estt.(A) dated 14.9.92, O.M.No. 22012/1/99- Estt.(D) dated 25.10.2004 and O.M.No. 22034/4/2012-Estt(D) dated 2.11.2012, The Ministry/Department where the officer is working should relieve the officer only after verifying that no disciplinary proceedings are pending or contemplated against the officer. In case of pendency of such proceedings, the matter may be reported to this Department immediately.
(iii) The promotion on ad-hoc basis is effective from the date of assumption of charge by the officer of the post of Deputy Secretary in the Ministry/Department to which he/she has been posted.
(iv) The ad-hoc promotion to the Selection grade (Deputy Secretary) of CSS shall not bestow on the incumbents any claim for regular promotion to the grade.
(v) The service rendered on ad-hoc basis in the grade would not count for the purpose of seniority in that grade or for promotion to the next higher grade.
(vi) The adhoc promotion shall not confer any right on the incumbents to continue in the grade indefinitely and may be terminated at any point of time without giving any reasons thereof.
4. No request for retention shall be entertained. Ministry/Department concerned should relieve the officers to enable them to join the allocated Ministries/Departments immediately, latest by 10.06.2015.
5. If any officer declines ad-hoc promotion, he/she would not be considered for ad-hoc promotion for one year from the date of refusal.
6. A copy of the notification implementing the order should be endorsed to this Department.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Tele fax: 24629413
1 Officers concerned
2. The Joint Secretary(Admn/Estt) of theMinistries/Departments concerned
3. US(U)/ US (APAR)
4. Hindi Section, DOP&TforHindi version
Related to Your Search:
- Promotion to the grade of Deputy Secretary, CSS on ad-hoc basis Extension of period upto 30.06.2017
- Promotion of Grade-I (Under Secretary) officers of CSS to the Selection Grade (Deputy Secretary) on ad-hoc basis alongwith of posting of a Deputy Secretary
- DOPT ORDERS: Promotion to the grade of Deputy Secretary on ad-hoc basis – Extension of period for one year beyond 30.7.2013
- Promotion of Under Secretaries of CSS to DS grade on ad-hoc basis – Furnishing of personal information thereof
- DoPT: Promotion to the grade of Deputy Secretary, CSS on ad-hoc basis – Extension of period upto 30.06.2019
- Promotion to the grade of Deputy Secretary on ad-hoc basis – Extension of period for one year beyond 03.06.2014.
- Promotion of Grade-I (Under Secretary) officers of CSS to the Selection Grade(Deputy Secretary)on ad-hoc basis and posting of DS/Director of CSS on their return from leave etc. – Furnishing of personal information thereof
- Promotion of Section Officers of the CSS to Grade I (Under Secretary) of the CSS on ad hoc basis
- Promotion of Section Officers of CSS to Grade-I (Under Secretary) on ad-hoc basis – updating of relieving/joining details of the officers in Web Based Cadre Management System – reg.