Promotion of Self-Certification in place of affidavits and attestation by Gazetted Officers
Less Government More Governance
A citizen friendly and accountable administration is the focus of the Government. A series of steps to achieve this goal have been initiated. These include simplification of procedures, identification and deletion of archaic laws/rules, identification and shortening of various forms, leveraging technology to bring in transparency in public interface and a robust public grievance redress system.
Promotion of Self-Certification in place of affidavits and attestation by Gazetted Officers is one important step in this regard. This greatly reduces the time and effort on the part of both the citizen as well as the Government officials.
Leveraging the power of information technology brings with it the advantage of transparency and speed. One of the focus areas of Government is to reduce the decision making layers to the minimum while allowing for faster means of information sharing/dissemination.
The Government has launched a website [email protected] for this purpose. This is a citizen centric platform to empower people to connect with the Government and contribute towards good governance. Suggestions are also received on the PMO website. It also seeks expert advice from the people, thoughts and ideas on various topics that concern India. Citizens can join the discussion to share, debate and add value.
Dr. Jitendra Singh Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions gave this information in Lok Sabha today in a written reply to a question by Dr. Shashi Tharoor, Shri B. Vinod Kumar and Shri Anantkumar Hegde.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Minimum Government and Maximum Governance
- Centre May Drop Mandatory Police Verification for Government Jobs
- DARPG Orders – Simplifying of Self Certification of Documents like Marksheet and Birth certificate
- Non-Acceptance of Self-Attested Documents by Government officials – Minister’s Reply in Parliament
- Mention Aadhaar for filing governance-related grievances: Government
- Most of central government department websites lack transparency: CIC audit
- Leveraging for maximizing Digital Life Certification
- Mobile Seva aims to provide government services to the people through mobile phones and tablets…
- Officers thank MoS DoPT for speedy promotions