Promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against 33-1/3% quota – Minimum eligibility condition of service for selection.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA/BHARAT SARKAR,
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS/RAIL MANTRALAYA
The General Managers (P)
All Zonal Railways &
Production Units etc.
(As per standard list).
New Delhi, dated 21.04.2017
Sub:- Promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against 33-1/3% quota – Minimum eligibility condition of service for selection.
In terms of provisions contained in Para 189 of IREM, Vol.I, Railway servants in erstwhile Group ‘D’ categories for whom no regular avenue of promotion exists, 33-1/3% of the posts in the lowest grade of Commercial Clerks, Ticket Collectors, Trains Clerks, Office Clerks, Stores Clerks etc. are eligible for promotion on completion of 3 years continuous service, which is relaxable for SC/ST employees who are eligible on completion of probation in recruitment grade, which is 2 years (Para 104 of IREM).
2. One of the Federations (NFIR) have raised an item in the PNM forum to prescribe two (02) years residency condition for promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against the above quota. The issue has been examined by the Board and it is now decided, that henceforth, staff will be eligible for promotion against 33-1/3% quota on completion of 2 years continuous service in the relevant grade on successful completion of probation period, irrespective of the fact whether such staff belong to GEN/OBC/SC/ST. These instructions will be effective from date of issue.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Deputy Director Estt.(N)
Related to Your Search:
- Promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against 16-2/3% quota – Minimum eligibility Condition of service for selection
- Reduction in the residency period for promotion from Grade Pay Rs.1800/- (level-1) to Grade Pay Rs.1900/- (Level-2)
- Eligibility for selection against 33 1/3% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner/ Commercial Clerk in 6th CPC Grade Pay 2000 Level-3
- MACP Scheme for Graduates Clerks selected through LDCE/GDCE – clarification by Railway Board
- Relaxation of residency period for promotion of Jr. Accounts Asstt (GP 2800/-) as Accounts Asstt (GP 4200/-) on Indian Railways
- Reduction in the residency period for promotion from Helper (G.P Rs.1800, Level-1, Rs.18000-56900) to Technical-III (G.P.Rs.1900, Level-2, Rs.19900-63200)
- 7th CPC Military Brochure – Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP)
- RBE No. 177/2018: Modification in the AVC for promotion to Goods Guards in GP Rs.2800 (Level-5)
- Memorandum By IRTSA to Railway Board Regarding 3rd MACP after 20 years of First Promotion or 10 years after 2nd Promotion or 30 years of Appointment