Old GPF / Pension Scheme to those casual workers regularized on or after 01.01.2004 – Procedure for extending the benefits: Instructions by CPAO
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
Subject : Procedure for extending the benefits of Old GPF / Pension Scheme to those casual workers covered under the Scheme of 1993 and regularized on or after 01.01.2004.
It has been observed that the pension cases of casual labour who were regularized on or after 01.01.2004 and eligible for old GPF/Pension Scheme vide DOPT OM No.49014/2/2014-Estt(C) dated 28.07.2016 have not been processed by the concerned Ministries/Departments. In order to avoid the hardship to the pensioners all the Ministries/Departments/PAOs have been requested to finalise the pension cases of the pensioners after following the procedure below:
1) Deptt. may issue the order that the old GPF Scheme/ Pension Scheme is applicable to the concerned official.
2) CPAO may be requested through concerned Pay & Accounts Office to stop Provisional Pension after cancellation of PPO, if issued.
3) NSDL may be requested by the concerned PAO to deposit the NPS subscription, Govt. Contribution plus interest thereon into the Govt. Account through ERM of NSDL.
4) On receipt of the amount it may be classified by the concerned PAO as below:
|Sl.No||Component||Head of Account|
|i)||Adjustment of employee’s contribution in Accounts||Amount may be credited to the individual,s GPF Account and the account may be recast permitting upto date interest as applicable from time to time (FR-16 & Rule 11 of GPF Rule)|
|ii)||Adjustment of Government contribution under NPS in Accounts||To be accounted for as [-) Dr.to object Head “70 Deduct Recoveries under major Head 2071 – Pension and Other Retirement Benefits” and Minor Head “911 Deduct Recoveries of Overpayment” (Para 3.10 of List of Major Minor Heads)|
|(iii)||Adjustment of increased value of subscription account of appreciation of investment||May be accounted for by crediting the amount to Govt. Account under Major Head “0071- Contribution and Recoveries towards pension and Other Retirement Benefits” and Minor Head “800-Other Receipts”.
(Note under the above Major Head in List of Major Minor Heads)
5) GPF and Pension case of the concerned official may be processed as per the GPF Rules and CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 after adjusting the Provisional Pension paid to the pensioner, if paid.
This issues with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pensions).
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
Related to Your Search:
- Booking of CGHS Recovery into Heads of Defence Accounts
- Clarification on modalities of transfer of the NPS contribution to casual labourer with temporary status to their GPF accounts.
- Classification of expenditure in respect of reimbursement of Hearing Aid – CGDA Orders
- How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant, pensioner, family pensioner
- Payment of arrears accruing in respect of deceased pensioners/family pensioners to the nominee/legal heir
- Provide monthly pension slips alongwith break up to pensioners/ family pensioners.: CPAO’s instructions to Bank
- Defined Contribution Pension System (NPS) covers death/disability of Government Servants on additional Relief: CGA Orders 2013
- Grievances Related to Family Pension
- Use of modified format of Life Certificate by all banks