Retirement of Medically unfit Railways employees
RBE No. 108/ 2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. E(NG)I- 2020/RE-3/4
New Delhi, dated 9.12.2020
The General Managers (P)
All Zonal Railways & Production Units,
(As per standard list).
Sub: Procedure for disposing off the cases of taking voluntary retirement of Medically unfit Railways employees – Implementation of Section 20 of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD Act, 2016) – clarification regarding.
In the light of Section 20 of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, and the Hon’ble Supreme Court judgment in the case of Shri Bhagwan Dass and Anr Vs Punjab State Electricity Board (2008), SCC579, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) vide their Office Memorandum No.25012/1/2015-Estt.A-IV dated 07.09.2020 have issued clarification regarding the requests received for voluntary retirement from service (VRS) from Persons With Disabilities. A copy of the same is enclosed herewith for necessary action and compliance. The instructions/ guidelines contained therein will apply mutatis mutandis on Zonal Railways also.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Hindi version will follow.
DA:- As above.
Deputy Director Estt.(N)
Related to Your Search:
- Guidelines on leave and voluntary retirement of Railway Employees – Persons with Disabilities
- Appointment on Compassionate grounds of dependent of medically unfit staff on the Railways
- VRS from Persons With Disabilities – Supreme Court – Latest DoPT Order
- Pensionary benefits of medically decategorised running staff opt for voluntary Retirement
- Medically incapacitated staff of Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force may be absorbed in alternative jobs
- Voluntary Retirement from Persons suffering with disability
- Government can not accommodate employee in lower pay scale because of disability: High Court
- Request for Voluntary retirement from persons suffering from disability – Dopt Orders
- Fixation of pay of medically unfit running staff on being appointed against alternative posts in revised 7th CPC pay structure