Probation Period for persons recruited against Sports Quota.
RBE No. 95/2016
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, dated 10.08.2016
The General Managers (P),
All Zonal Railways including
CLW, DLW, ICF, RCF, RWF, Metro Railway/Kolkata,
The CAO(R), DMW/Patiala,
The DG, RDSO/Lucknow.
Subject: Probation Period for persons recruited against Sports Quota.
Ref: Board’s letter no. 2010/E (Sports)/4(1)/1 (policy) dated 31.12.2010 (RBE No. 189B/2010) and clarifications/corrigendum issued thereto.
Attention is invited to para 8.3.3 and 8.3.4 of Board’s letter No. 2010/E (Sports)/4(1)/1 (policy) dated 31.12.2010 stipulating that before completion of the probation period, the performance of the sportsperson shall be reviewed at the Railway/Unit level by a three members Committee comprising:-
(i) President/Hony. General Secretary of the Sports Association of Zonal Railway/Unit.
(ii) A personnel officer of Sr. Scale/ JAG level; and
(iii) Captain/ Coach of the particular discipline.
If the performance of a person recruited on sports account is considered to be unsatisfactory, the probation period will be extended maximum up to two years and the person will have to improve his/her performance to get confirmed in appointment. Even after extended probation, if the performance is found unsatisfactory, then normal procedure will be followed for termination, before the completion of extended probation.
Instances have come to the notice of Railway Board that in spite of the above mentioned instructions no review has been done for years and this non compliance of extant instructions by Administration is leading to hardship being faced by outstanding sportspersons.
All Zonal Railways/Production Units may scrupulously adhere to the extant instructions and pull up arrears, if any.
(Bhaskar Roy Chaudhary)
Dy. Director/Estt. (Sports)
Related to Your Search:
- Transfer of sports persons recruited against sports quota from one Railway/ Unit/ Division to another Railway/ Unit/ Division: Railway Board Order RBE No. 58/2014
- Out of Turn Promotion of sportspersons on sports account in Probation period.
- Railway sports quota recruitment 2020-2021 extended till 30th September 2021
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy : RBE No. 98/2016
- Recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota
- Monitoring the performance of freshly recruited officers who are on probation period – DoPT instructions
- Recruitment of sportspersons on Zonal Railways/ Production Units against Sports Quota
- ECoR – Probation period of CSE probationers – confirmation – Railway Board letter
- Promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against 33-1/3% quota – Minimum eligibility condition of service for selection