Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund – All donations through PMNRF are 100% Income Tax deduction
All donations towards the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) are notified for 100% deduction from taxable income udner section 80G of the Incoem Tax Act, 1961
Subject: Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund – Reg.
Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) was constituted in January, 1948 to assist displaced persons from Pakistan. The resources of the PMNRF are now utilized primarily to render immediate relief to the affected families of those killed/injured in natural calamities like floods, cyclones and earthquakes, etc. or in the major accidents/ riots. The fund is also utilized to provide financial assistance for medical treatment like heart surgeries, kidney transplantation, cancer treatment, etc. The fund consists entirely of voluntary public contributions and does not get any budgetary support. Prime Minister is the Chairman of the fund.
2. The undersigned is desired to convey that arrangements may be made to display a caption “All donations towards the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) are notified for 100% deduction from taxable income under section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961″ by your Department at its home webpage. Besides, Department may also request the PSUs concerned with the Department to carry out this exercise also.
3. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(Santosh D. Vaidya)
Related to Your Search:
- Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund – Reg.
- Deduction of Income Tax on interest of GPF subscription over Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Exemption from filing of Income Tax Return: FAQ
- Clarification regarding applicability of standard deduction to pension received from the former employer
- Income Tax 2016-17 (A.Year 2017-18) Rate, Exemptions, Deductions and Rebate for Salaried Employees
- Income Tax Calculation for Interest on Housing Loan and Deduction u/s 80C with illustration
- Contribution made towards disaster relief for the affected people of Uttarakhand- 100% deduction u/s 80G of the Income Tax Act – IRSA’s clarificatory communication to all IT heads
- Income Tax benefits for NPS
- New Income Tax Rates And Deductions Applicable From April 1, 2017