“Removal of Non-Performing Civil Servants Under Fundamental Rules (FR) 56(j), Rule 48 of Central Civil Services (CCS) (Pension) Rule, 1972”
Policy for Removal of Non-Performing Civil Servants
The provisions under Fundamental Rules (FR) 56(j), Rule 48 of Central Civil Services (CCS) (Pension) Rule, 1972 and Rule, 16(3) (Amended) of All India Services (Death-cum-Retirement Benefits) [AIS (DCRB)] Rules, 1958 have laid down the policy of periodic review and premature retirement of non-performing Government servants.
Up to January, 2018, a total of 21,195 Group ‘A’ and 47,039 Group ‘B’ officers have been reviewed, out of which provisions of FR 56(j) and relevant rules were invoked/recommended against 83 Group ‘A’ and 128 Group ‘B’ officers, including 15 officers of All India Services.
This was stated by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh, in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Policy for Non-Performing Civil Servants
- Review of Work Performance under FR 56(j)
- Premature Retirement – Right to retired Government officials prematurely
- Compulsory Retirement Under Section 56(J) of CCS (Pension) Rules
- 2021 – Rule 2 of the Central Civil Services (National Pension System Implementation) Rules
- Amendment in Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 regarding acceptance of gifts by Government servants
- Schemes for Retired Employees
- “Compulsorily Retirement” who are inactive or have charges of corruption – Loksabha
- After 7th CPC, the limits on two family pension payable to a child in support of both parents is revised