PM’s awards for excellence in Public Administration
Civil Services Day function on April 20-21, 2016
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will confer PM’s awards for excellence in Public Administration to civil servants on April 21, 2016. PM Awards for Excellence in Public Administration have been instituted with a view to acknowledge, recognize and reward the extraordinary and innovative work done by officers of the Central and State Governments for the welfare of common citizen.
The Civil Services Day function will be organised at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on April 20- 21, 2016 by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions.
A new category of Excellence in implementing a Priority Programme which includes Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY), Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen), Swachh Vidyalaya and Soil Health Card Scheme has been added to the Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration.
The Union Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhu will be the Chief Guest at the inaugural function on April 20, 2016. The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh will preside over the function.
The inaugural session will be followed by eight panel discussions on the replication of PM awarded initiatives during last year and four priority programmes. These sessions will be chaired by Union Ministers/persons of eminence. Four sessions on subjects related to women empowerment, channelizing youth energies for Sports, time bound and efficient public service delivery system and the issues of clean and green energy for replication of PM awarded initiatives have been organized.
A total of ten districts will be awarded the Prime Minister’s Awards this year under the four Priority Programmes. These awards will be given in three Groups, – the first group consists of eight North-Eastern States and the three Hill States of Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir. The remaining 18 States constitute the second Group while the third Group comprises of the seven Union Territories. Eight awards will be given to the first and second Group under the four Priority Progammes and two awards will be given for Programmes – PMJDY and Swachh Vidyalaya for the third Group comprising seven Union Territories.
Related to Your Search:
- 38 DoPT employees presented with Excellence Awards
- Minimum Government – Maximum Governance: Prime Minister
- Maximum Governance Minimum Government is the government’s motto: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Award of Certificate of Excellence to the meritorious employees of DOPT…
- Highlights of the activities of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions during the year 2016
- CGDA – Raksha Mantri Awards for Excellence for the year 2019 – Motivation Scheme for the Defence Accounts Department
- Government to hold stress relief programmes for officers: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- PM Modi praised retired government employee for donating one-third pension to Swachh Bharat Kosh
- Long Term Training programmes at LSE and LKY under DFFT during 2018-19