Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package: Insurance Scheme for Health Workers fighting COVID-19 extended for a further period of 180 days
19 APR 2022
The ‘Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP), insurance scheme for Health Care Workers Fighting COVID-19’ has been extended for a further period of 180 days from 19th April, 2022. It has been decided to extend the policy so as to continue to provide the safety net to the dependents of health workers who are deputed to take care of COVID-19 patients.
A letter dt. 19th April 2022 to this effect has been issued to the Additional Chief Secretaries (Health)/ Principal Secretaries (Health)/ Secretaries (Health) of all States/UTs for giving wide publicity amongst the health workers in their respective States/UTs.
The PMGKP was launched on 30th March, 2020 to provide comprehensive personal accident cover of Rs. 50 Lakh to 22.12 lakh health care providers including community health workers and private health workers who may have been in direct contact and care of COVID-19 patients and may be at risk of being impacted by this.
Further, on account of the unprecedented situation, private hospital staff/ retired/ volunteer/ local urban bodies/contract/ daily wage/ ad-hoc/ outsourced staff requisitioned by states/ central hospitals/ autonomous hospitals of central/ states/ UTs, AIIMS & Institute of National Importance (INI)/ hospitals of Central Ministries specifically drafted for care of COVID-19 patients are also covered under the PMGKP.
Since the launch of the scheme, so far, 1905 claims of Health workers who died while being deployed for Covid related duties have been settled.
Related to Your Search:
- One lakh benefitted under PMJAY health insurance scheme in one month of its launch
- Social Security Schemes
- Health professional workers fighting COVID-19 in Government Hospitals and the health Care Centers to Defence Civilian employees
- Empanelment of Hospitals for Ayushman Bharat
- Prescribed maximum per day package rates for Covid related treatment in private hospitals in NCT of Delhi
- Central Government Health Scheme : New Rates for Undergoing Angioplasty
- Cashless health insurance for elderly likely in Budget
- Extension of EPF contribution 24% – Cabinet approves the proposal to extend the EPF contribution 24% for another three months from June to August 2020 under PMGKY/ AATMANIRBHAR BHARAT
- Cashless Facility under PMJAY