Prime Minister’s Office
PM to launch India Post Payments Bank on Saturday, 1st September
31 AUG 2018
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will launch the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi on September 1st, 2018.
IPPB has been envisioned as an accessible, affordable and trusted bank for the common man, to help speedily achieve the financial inclusion objectives of the Union Government. It will leverage the vast network of the Department of Posts, which covers every corner of the country with more than 300,000 Postmen and Grameen Dak Sewaks. IPPB will hence significantly augment the reach of the banking sector in India.
The launch of IPPB marks another significant milestone in the Union Government’s endeavour to take the benefits of a rapidly developing India to the remotest corners of our country.
On the day of the launch, IPPB will have 650 Branches and 3250 Access Points spread across the country. Simultaneous launch events will be held at these branches and access points.
All the 1.55 lakh Post Offices in the country will be linked to the IPPB system by December 31, 2018.
IPPB will offer a range of products such as savings and current accounts, money transfer, direct benefit transfers, bill and utility payments, and enterprise and merchant payments. These products, and related services, will be offered across multiple channels (counter services, micro-ATM, mobile banking app, SMS and IVR), using the bank’s state-of-the-art technology platform.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves Revised Cost Estimate for setting up of India Post Payments Bank
- India Post Payments Bank will be a game changer for financial inclusion – Manoj Sinha
- DoP starts logo contest for payments bank with Rs 50k prize
- India Post launches logo and tagline design contest for IPPB on MyGov
- PM launches India Post Payments Bank – a major initiative towards financial inclusion
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) to enable Digital Payments in Post Offices by April 2018
- Regarding arrangements and nomination of nodal officers for monitoring of preparations in Circles
- More than 2 dozen companies want collaboration with India Post Payments Bank-Manoj Sinha
- DoP through IPPB has launched doorstep service for all pensioners to submit Digital Life Certificate from comfort of their home