Ministry of Women and Child Development
PM CARES for Children Scheme
Scheme Aims To Support Children Who Have Lost Both Parents Or Legal Guardian Or Adoptive Parents Or Surviving Parent To COVID-19 Pandemic
Any Citizen Can Inform Administration Regarding A Child Eligible For Support Under This Scheme Through The Portal https://pmcaresforchildren.In
02 AUG 2021
The PM CARES for Children Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 29th May, 2021 to support children who have lost both the Parents or legal Guardian or Adoptive Parents or Surviving Parent to COVID-19 pandemic during the period starting from 11th March 2020. The objective of the Scheme is to ensure comprehensive care and protection of Children in a sustained manner, and enable their well being through health insurance, empower them through education and equip them for self-sufficient existence with financial support on reaching 23 years of age.
The Ministry of Women and Child Development shall be the nodal Ministry for execution of the scheme at the central level. Department of the State/UT government dealing with the Juvenile Justice set up in the State shall be the nodal agency at State level. The District Magistrates shall be the nodal authority at District level for execution of the scheme.
The scheme is accessible through an online portal i.e. https://pmcaresforchildren.in. The portal has been introduced to all the States and UTs on 15.07.21 and the States/UTs have been asked to identify and register the eligible children on the portal. Any Citizen can inform the administration regarding a child eligible for support under this scheme through the portal.
Related to Your Search:
- Number of women beneficiaries under Swadhar Greh Scheme rises to 17291
- Web Portal for Missing Children
- Schemes for welfare of Women and Children
- All Police officers should be re-trained on various aspects of sexual offences
- Disabled Children in Regular Schools
- MWCD links Sexual Harassment Complaints Portal ‘SHe-Box’ to central/ state ministries & districts for speedy disposal of cases
- Jammu and Kashmir government women employees can now get 2-years child care leave
- Facilities for Differently Abled Children in Schools
- More than 9.5 lakhs women avail benefit under the Maternity Benefit Programme during 2014-15 and 2015-16