Physical Verification of Retired Employees in Indian Railways
As per extant instructions, every pensioner/family pensioner is required to submit a life certificate to the pension disbursing authority in the month of November every year. The pension for the month of November and onwards is released to the pensioner/family pensioner by the pension disbursing authority on submission of the life certificate. No specific directives have been given for physical verification of pensioners aged between 80 and 100 years. The total number of pensioners on Indian Railways is 1378937.
The total pension expenditure incurred by Railways during 2014-15, including pension payment to pensioners above age of 80 years is `28642.08 crore. There are approximately 286093 pensioners/family pensioners above 80 years of age. However, no separate expenditure is recorded agewise.
The exercise of obtaining life certificates is carried out by pension disbursing authorities in the month of November, every year. However, the certificate is accepted in subsequent months also.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 16.03.2016 (Wednesday).
Related to Your Search:
- Spot Check of Pension Payments by Pension Disbursing Banks
- DoPPW – To make life easier for senior citizens to apply their annual lifetime pension certificate
- Enrolment for Aadhaar number and its seeding in pension records of all pensioners and family pensioners – regarding
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Pension by linking Aadhaar with Bank Accounts and PPO
- Railway Pensioners Need to Submit ‘Life Certificate’
- Central Govt Pensioners/Family Pensioners should submit Life Certificate to their respective banks
- Finmin Orders – Exemption from Physical Appearance for the Purpose of Life Certificate
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners: Jeevan Pramaan
- Every Central Government pensioner has to submit life certificate from October 2020 till December 2020