Withdrawal of erroneous contribution received into NPS instead of GPF
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Cir no: PFRDA/ 2013/2/ PDEX / 2
Subject: Withdrawal of erroneous contribution received into NPS instead of GPF
There have been various queries and requests from the subscribers and the PAOs/DDOs/DTOs on refund of contribution received into NPS erroneously, due to wrongly classifying subscriber as falling under NPS instead of GPF.
After examining the matter, it has been the decided that such cases will be treated as erroneous transfer by the concerned department and do not fall under the exit/withdrawal from NPS. In all such cases, 100% withdrawal of accrued pension wealth is allowed subject to the condition that such proceeds should mandatory transferred back to the concerned PAO/DDO from whom the request for withdrawal has arisen.
The concerned subscriber can approach through his PAO/DTO/DDO to our NPS claims cell at CRA for processing of such requests.
Related to Your Search:
- PARTIAL WITHDRAWAL FROM NPS, ORDERS ISSUED BY PFRDA
- PFRDA Orders : Processing of withdrawal requests of Non IRA Compliant subscribers
- Reactivation of PRAN post exit from NPS
- National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) – Processing of Partial Withdrawal request
- Exit guidelines under National Pension System – Option for Complete withdrawal of accumulated pension wealth by subscriber
- Regarding withdrawal from the NPS on death of by the employees who have been allotted PRAN and their contribution uploaded to NSDL.
- Default ASP and Annuity Scheme for subscribers exiting from NPS and Seeking withdrawal of Accumulated Pension Wealth
- Circular on replacing the existing facility of ‘Phased Withdrawal’ with ‘Deferred Withdrawal’
- Settlement of NPS at the time of superannuation, resignation and death of the employees: CRA-NSDL Circular