Exit rules under National Pension System for All Citizen model under UoS including Corporates and Swavalamban scheme.
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Cir no: PFRDA/ 2013/2/ PDEX / 2
Subject: Exit rules under National Pension System for All Citizen model under UoS including Corporates and Swavalamban scheme.
PFRDA has issued necessary instructions to CRA for implementation of the withdrawal process under National Pension System (NPS) for all sectors viz., Government Employees, All Citizen model and Swavalamban scheme. The said information is being re-iterated hereunder for the information of all stakeholders for a better appreciation of the matter.
The following are the details for the withdrawals allowed in case of All Citizen model and Swavalamban scheme subscribers:
a) Upon reaching the age of 60 Years: At least 40% of the accumulated pension wealth of the subscriber needs to be utilized for purchase of annuity providing for monthly pension to the subscriber and balance is paid as lump sum payment to the subscriber.
b) Upon Death: The entire accumulated pension wealth (100%) would be paid to the nominee/legal heir of the subscriber and there would not be any purchase of annuity/monthly pension.
c) Exit from NPS before the age of 60 Years (irrespective of cause): At least 80% of the accumulated pension wealth of the subscriber needs to be utilized for purchase of annuity providing for monthly pension to the subscriber and the balance is paid as a lump sum payment to the subscriber.
The subscribers would be able to purchase the annuities directly from the empanelled Annuity Service Providers as per their choice of annuity that is available in the market/with the Annuity Service Provider’s (ASP’s) empanelled by PFRDA. For Swavalamban withdrawals under (a) & (c) above, there is an overriding condition on the lump sum payment payable due to which the entire accumulated pension wealth would be annuitized in case if the monthly pension obtained by using the 40%/80% of the pension wealth is below Rs. 1000/- per month.
Related to Your Search:
- PFRDA Orders : Exit rules under National Pension System for Government Employee Subscribers
- Refund of CPS amount under New Pension Scheme: DFS Clarification dated 11-07-2012
- Exit guidelines under National Pension System – Option for Complete withdrawal of accumulated pension wealth by subscriber
- PFRDA Circulars – Option to defer Annuity purchase under NPS at the time of exit
- Default ASP and Annuity Scheme for subscribers exiting from NPS and Seeking withdrawal of Accumulated Pension Wealth
- New Pension Scheme: Corpus up to Rs 2 lakh can be fully withdrawn at retirement
- NPS Exit and purchase of Annuity – Clarification issued by PFRDA
- PFRDA Circulars : Circular on Swavalamban Subscriber Registration through Aggregators Only
- Maximum age of joining National Pension System (NPS) increased from the existing 60 years to 65 years under NPS