PFRDA Circular regarding enhanced Govt Contribution from 10% to 14% under NPS i.r.o. Central Autonomous Bodies
PENSION FUND REGULATORY
AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
B-14/A, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhawan,
Qutub Institutional Area,
Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110016
All Principal Accounting Officers of Central Autonomous Bodies
Subject: Necessary instructions for all CABs (Central Autonomous Bodies) concerned with reference to gazette notification F.No.1/3/2016-PR dated 31/01/2019 issued by Dept of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance containing recent announcements under NPS- reg.
This is with reference to the gazette notification F.No.1/3/2016-PR dated 31/01/2019 issued by Dept of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance (copy enclosed).
Vide the aforementioned notification, certain changes under NPS have been announced by Central Government including enhanced contribution by the Central Government to its employees covered under NPS from the existing 10% to 14% (to Tier-I account). The changes under said notification are applicable w.e.f. 01-04-2019 for Central Government employees. However, the circular is silent on the its applicability to the employees of the CABs covered under NPS.
In view of the above, PFRDA has requested the Department of Expenditure to clarify whether the above-mentioned changes/ modifications under NPS would be applicable to employees of Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs) covered under NPS.
In the interim, PFRDA has been approached by various CABs who have individually obtained their internal approvals for enhancing the employer contribution from 10% to 14% and hence, have sought PFRDA’s approval for uploading the same through the existing CRA functionality.
In light of the above and till the time clarification emerges on the matter of applicability of notification dated 31.01.2019 on CABs , it has been decided by the competent authority that the CABs who have obtained such internal approvals, should obtain a separate and express approval/concurrence for the applicability of the said provisions of the notification dated 31.01.19 on their employees from Department of Expenditure (DOE), Ministry of Finance.
Consequent upon receipt of such approval from the DOE, Ministry of Finance, a copy of the referred approval may be forwarded to the CRA, for necessary action at the CRA’s end.
(Sumeet Kaur Kapoor)
Chief General Manager
Related to Your Search:
- Conference on Implementation of National Pension System (NPS) in Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs)
- Implementation of National Pension System (NPS) in Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs)
- Conference on Implementation of National Pension System by Central Autonomous Bodies
- Applicability of the revised pay scales based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission in respect of employees of Quasi-Government Organizations, Autonomous Organizations, Statutory Bodies set-up by and funded/controlled by the Central Government-regarding
- Extension of wage revision benefits arising from 7th CPC recommendation to employees of autonomous bodies set up by GOI
- FAQ for Scheme Preference under NPS for Central Government Subscribers
- Gazette Notification for implementation of 7th CPC
- Non implementation of 7th CPC for Pensioners of autonomous bodies
- Finance Ministry has not issued orders extending the 7th CPC benefit to employees of Autonomous bodies and Board