Provident Fund Interest Rate 8.75% for 2014-15
EPFO retains interest rate at 8.75% for current fiscal
NEW DELHI: Retirement fund body EPFO’s trustees on Tuesday decided to retain interest payment on provident fund deposits for 2014-15 at 8.75 per cent.
“It has been decided to pay 8.75 per cent interest in the current fiscal,” Central Provident Fund Commissioner (CPFC) K K Jalan told PTI after the meeting of the Central Board of Trustees (CBT), the apex decision making body of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
The EPFO has about 5 crore subscribers and the decision will have a bearing on their retirement fund.The decision to retain the interest rate on the provident fund deposits at last year’s level was taken despite some protest by the trade union members of the CBT, sources said.
The final notification for payment of the interest rate for the current fiscal will be issued by the finance ministry later.
The EPFO had provided 8.75 per cent rate of interest on PF deposits for 2013-14, which was higher than 8.5 per cent paid for the previous fiscal.
Source: Times of India
Related to Your Search:
- EPF interest rate raised by 0.25 to 8.5 per cent for the current fiscal
- EPFO is likely to increase the interest rate on PF deposits for 2015-16, from 8.75% fixed for the last two financial years
- EPFO Likely to Retain Interest Rate at 8.75%
- EPFO to decide PF interest rate on January 14
- EPFO may pay 9% interest on PF deposits for 2015-16
- 8.5% on PF deposits expected, EPFO board meeting likely on 4th October 2013
- EPFO – Finance Ministry has approved 8.65% rate of interest on Employees Provident Fund (EPF) for 2018-19
- EPFO Likely to Announce Interest on PF for 2015-16 on Nov 24
- EPFO likely to provide 9% interest for 2014-15 – Economic Times