Performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSES) during 2014-15.
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
Press Information Bureau,
Government of India
The Public Enterprises Survey (2014-15), brought out by the Department of Public Enterprises, Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Government of India on the performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises was placed in both the Houses of Parliament today. There were 298 CPSEs in 2014-15, out of which 235 were in operation. Rest (63) of the CPSEs were under construction. The major Highlights of the performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE), during 2014-15 is mentioned below.
|Overall net profit of 235 CPSEs is Rs.1,03,003 crore in 2014-15||Overall net profit of 234 CPSEs is Rs.1,28,295 crore in 2013-14|
|157 CPSEs posted net profit of Rs.1,30,363 crore in 2014-15||164 CPSEs posted net profit of Rs.1,49,636 crore in 2013-14|
|77 CPSEs incurred net loss of Rs.27,360 crore in 2014-15||70 CPSEs incurred net loss of Rs.21,341 crore in 2013-14|
|Total investment in 298 CPSEs stood at Rs. 10,96,057 crore in 2014-15||Total investment in 290 CPSEs stood at Rs. 9,92,096 crore in 2013-14|
|Dividend paid by CPSEs during 2014-15 is Rs. 56,527 crore||Dividend paid by CPSEs during 2013-14 is Rs. 65,115 crore|
- Total paid up capital in 298 CPSEs as on 31.3.2015 stood at Rs. 2,13,020 crore compared to Rs. 1,98,722 crore as on 31.3. 2014 (290 CPSEs), showing a growth of 7.19%.
- Total investment (equity plus long term loans) in all CPSEs stood at Rs. 10,96,057 crore as on 31.3.2015 compared to Rs. 9,92,096 crore as on 31.3.2014, recording a growth of 10.48%.
- Capital Employed (Paid up capital plus reserve & surplus and long term loans) in all CPSEs stood at Rs. 18,67,730 crore on 31.3.2015 compared to Rs. 17, 39,090 crore as on 31.3.2014 showing a growth of 7.40 %.
- Total turnover/gross revenue from operation of all CPSEs during 2014-15 stood at Rs 19, 95,902 crore compared to Rs. 20, 66,057 crore in the previous year showing a reduction in turnover of 3.40 %.
- Total income of all CPSEs during 2014-15 stood at Rs. 19, 65,254 crore compared to Rs. 20, 56,336 crore in 2013-14, showing a reduction in income of 4.43%.
- Profit of profit making CPSEs stood at Rs. 1, 30,363 crore during 2014-15 compared to Rs 1,49,636 crore in 2013-14 showing a decline in profit of 12.88%.
- Loss of loss incurring CPSEs stood at Rs.27, 360 crore in 2014-15 compared to Rs 21, 341 crore in 2013-14 showing a increase in loss by 28.20 %.
- Overall net profit of all 235 CPSEs during 2014-15 stood at Rs 1,03,003 crore compared to Rs 1,28,295 crore during 2013-14 showing a decrease in overall profit of 19.71%.
- Reserves & Surplus of all CPSEs went up from Rs. 7, 46,994 crore in 2013-14 to Rs 7, 71,672 cores in 2014-15, showing an increase by 3.30 %.
- Net worth of all CPSEs went up from Rs 9,45,717 crore in 2013-14 to Rs 9,84,692 crore in 2014-15 registering a growth of 4.12 %.
- Contribution of CPSEs to Central Exchequer by way of excise duty, customs duty, corporate tax, interest on Central Government loans, dividend and other duties and taxes increased from Rs 2,20,982 crore in 2013-14 to Rs 2,00,585 crore in 2014-15, showing a decline of 9.23%.
- Foreign exchange earnings through exports of goods and services decreased from Rs 1,45,196 crore in 2013-14 to Rs 1,03,071 crore in 2014-15, showing a reduction of 29.01%.
- Foreign exchange outgo on imports and royalty, know-how, consultancy, interest and other expenditure decreased from Rs.6,76,870 crore in 2013-14 to Rs.5,44,560 crore in 2014-15 showing a reduction of 19.55%.
- CPSEs employed 12.91 lakh people (excluding contractual workers) in 2014-15 compared to 13.49 lakh in 2013-14, showing a reduction in employees by 4.30%.
- Salary and wages went up in all CPSEs from Rs.1,22,322 crore in 2013-14 to Rs 1,27,387 crore in 2014-15 showing a growth of 4.14 %.
- Total Market Capitalization 45 CPSEs traded on stock exchanges of India as on 31.03.2015. Based on stock prices on Mumbai Stock Exchange, as on 31.03.2015, the market capitalization of 45 CPSEs stood at Rs. 13,27,127 crore as against Rs. 11,02,730 crore stood as on 31.03.2014. Thus, there was increase in market capitalization of CPSEs by 20.35% (Rs.2,24,397 crore) as on 31.03.2015 over market capitalization as on 31.03.2014.
- M_Cap of CPSEs as per cent of BSE M_Cap decreased from 14.87% as on 31.3.2014 to 13.08% as on 31.3.2015.
Related to Your Search:
- Performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) during 2015-16
- Highlights of the Overall Performance of CPSEs in 2011-12
- 7th Pay Commission: CPSEs to spend Rs 20,000 crore on salary hikes
- Government asks central public sector enterprises to enrol employees under Aadhaar
- Retirement age of employees of Sick Central Public Sector Enterprises…
- Tax collection figures for the period April -December 2016 show a positive trend
- Scheme for wage negotiations for employees in CPSEs (Central Public Sector Enterprises)
- Vacant Posts in PSUs
- CPSEs: Cut-Off age to Borad level appointment in Central Public Sector Enterprises