Pension to IAF Veterans
Pension of pre-2006 retired Junior Commissioned Officers/ Other Ranks (JCOs / ORs) have been assessed on the basis of rank continuously held for 10 months or more. However, protection of minimum of fitment table under 6th Pay Commission for the last rank held has been provided.
A Junior Warrant Officer (JWO) who has not served for 10 months or more continuously in the rank is entitled to receive initial pension in the rank of Sergeant. However, where the revised pension as on 01.07.2014 worked out in terms of OROP order, happens to be less than the existing pension as on 01.07.2014, the pension has not been revised to the disadvantage of the pensioner.
Further, the issue whether in the case of JCOs / ORs, the pension is to be paid on the basis of the last rank held instead of last rank pensioned under OROP was referred to the Judicial Committee on OROP. The Committee has submitted its report to the Ministry which is under examination.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Dr. P. Venugopal in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Justice Reddy committee on OROP submits report
- One Rank One Pension – More delay in OROP – Government Gives Six Month Extension to Panel
- OROP Pension Calculation – Rounding of Qualifying Service
- FLASH NEWS ON ONE RANK ONE PENSION – OROP FILE HAS BEEN CLEARED BY FINMIN AND IS NOW WITH PM
- OROP Anomalies – One member Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months
- OROP Table : One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation tables issued
- Highlights of OROP Notification
- More delay in OROP, as government gives 6 month extension to panel
- OROP Table No.34 – JCOs/ORs Including Honorary Commissioned Officers