GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 4987
ANSWERED ON: 31.03.2017
Pension Scheme for SSC Officers
KRUPAL BALAJI TUMANE
BHAVANA GAWALI (PATIL)
HARIOM SINGH RATHORE
Will the Minister of DEFENCE be pleased to state:-
(a) whether the Government proposes to start a pension scheme for the Short Service Commission (SSC) officers in the defence sector;
(b) if so, the details thereof;
(c) whether the Government proposes to sanction pension for the defence personnels serving less than fifteen years and if so, the details thereof;
(d) whether the Government has received any representation from the Military Service Pensioners Association in this regard and if so, the details thereof and the action taken by the Government in this regard; and
(e) whether the Government proposes to launch any other welfare schemes for the military personnels who had served for less than fifteen years and if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE (DR. SUBHASH BHAMRE) IN THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
(a) & (b): At present, the Short Service Commissioned officers granted commission from other rank are entitled to pension on completion of 12 years of qualifying service. However, Short Service Commissioned officer who is granted commission from direct civil life is entitled to Terminal Gratuity only. There is no new proposal under consideration.
(c) Presently there is no such proposal.
(d) No, Madam.
(e) At present, there is no such proposal.
Source : Lok Sabha
Related to Your Search:
- Pension Scheme for Military Personnel and Financial Assistance from Raksha Mantri’s Discretionary Fund (RMDF): Lok Sabha Q&A
- Pension Scheme for Armed Forces
- Age limit for entry into various entry schemes in Army & Shortage of Officers in Army
- Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) and Commissioned Officers Pension
- Refusal of Pension benefits to EX-Servicemen
- Disability Pension for soldiers during the 6th CPC and under the 7th CPC: Details given in Lok Sabha
- Details of existing pension rates of Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) pensioners
- Increasing Pension Limits Under Employees Pension Scheme
- Whether the CSD employees of Canteen Store Department are entitled to avail Canteen facilities – Defence